Peugeot Forums banner

OBD Socket Location at a loss need to read codes.

19K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  spanner-uk 
#1 ·
Hey all, I have spent hours looking for my OBD socket in my 2002 Peugeot 307 2.0 HDi.

I have: -

Taken the centre console out as someone said it may be under there.
Seen an OBD shaped hole behind the door for the fusebox in the glove box
Had the glove box out to look for socket hanging around inside.
Taken off plastic cover on driver side to see no holes or anything for the OBD.
Taken off any piece of plastic I could around the dash and ends of dash
Looked under the seats (long shot)

Please please please can anyone point me in the direction of it.

I need to plug on to read the codes as the turbo isn't kicking in. Sometimes it does under harsh acceleration. I have fitted a second hand turbo solenoid and checked hoses for leaks. At a complete loss.

Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated. Getting close to scrapping her over it!!

Thanks in advance!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply I believe I've looked there, there was a big plastic screw which I turned 90 degrees a panel came off that surrounded a little cubby box and the headlight beam control. Looking behind the dash on the drivers side there is a distinct lack of wires.

#11 · (Edited)
When you sit in the drivers seat. By your right knee. You removed one panel, you also need to remove the panel that is still in place in your 1st posted picture.

On other pictures I've seen it looks like it slides up or down, hard to tell from pictures.

Edit: actually it looks like your panel has separated its outer part from its inside part, you can probably just pull it off.

#14 ·
Yeah looking at it it would seem that it has managed to separate. The good old French build quality of their plastics.

Hopefully it's noting too drastic thanks. I did have the Anti Pollution warning coming up occasionally and then permanently on. Today I sprayed some of that EGR cleaner in the air intake just after the MAF and it cleared that warning off the dash but alas still sluggish. Will see what the garage brings up with the codes.

Thanks once again all for your help so far really appreciated!!

#19 ·
Hi,

On my 2003 (52 Reg) HDI 90, its located under the steering wheel (behind the panel with the big flathead plastic screw).

You might need to get your head in the footwell to see it as mines tucked away out of sight to the far right hand side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.