1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have the following advisory after the 207 passed its MOT:

O/S/R Wheel cylinder wet

Brake disc worn, pitted or scored but not seriously weakened both front sides inner face (3.5.li).

Any ideas if it's an easy fix or how long it will hold up?

What is a fair price for this to be carried out?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
Rear cylinder wet means there is a slight leak somewhere this is probably the most urgent thing it really depends how wet it is but they cannot actually see the wheel cylinder in an mot as you need the drum off to see it properly so they are just being cautious i recon.

Front discs are generally worn so again depending on how bad they could probably be left until pads need done then replace both discs and pads

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear cylinder wet means there is a slight leak somewhere this is probably the most urgent thing it really depends how wet it is but they cannot actually see the wheel cylinder in an mot as you need the drum off to see it properly so they are just being cautious i recon.

Front discs are generally worn so again depending on how bad they could probably be left until pads need done then replace both discs and pads
Had Platinum service at Peugeot dealership and they took off the brakes - they said some kind brake shoe was partially full and needed replacing. They suggested a cost of £146. They said it would hold up for a couple of months but would result in the water running into the foot well if left untreated.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry but brakes wont allow water into cabin not sure what you mean there but lasting a few months if cylinder slighty leaking is probably about right.
Better to take up Peugeot on their £146 + labour quote or would you suggest a quote from another garage?

Does it pose a safety issue driving?

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
Depends on what the 146 quote was for if its just to replace the cylinder then thats expensive but bear in mind the labour costs at peugeot could double that quote !!

·
Registered
846 Posts
i have had to change both rear callipers and discs (callipers leaking)

think the callipers were around £80 each motor factors but cheaper on ebay.

there are two types (bosch/lucas) so make sure you get the correct one, and will take under a hour to fit.

if you need discs its best to get the ones with the bearing and abs ring pre pressed, saves time and doesnt cost much more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts