Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post on here. I have just brought a
55 plate 2.0HDI 407 saloon. When I drive at any speed and brake normally or heavily it seems like drivers side abs is kicking in only there is no feel of this through the brake pedal and its not as loud as it normally would be. I do know that both front brake pad sensors are broken and that new discs and pads are overdue replacement and I will be changing these next week sometime weather permitting.:confused:
thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sounds like a warped disc to me.

sent from my non apple product usin free autoguide.com

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
possible but its only when coming to a stop last couple of feet or so and its doing it fast like abs would:confused:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
power steering

possible but its only when coming to a stop last couple of feet or so and its doing it fast like abs would:confused:
Actually just been for a drive and its actually the steering could this be the pump???
:(

·
Registered
909 Posts
Mine does it, its caused by warped discs and a small lip formed on the edge of the disc, if i break firm from 70mph i get wat sounds like abs but isnt, i have tested my abs and when it kicks in the pedal vibrates.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine does it, its caused by warped discs and a small lip formed on the edge of the disc, if i break firm from 70mph i get wat sounds like abs but isnt, i have tested my abs and when it kicks in the pedal vibrates.

Yeah i think its playing a part as they do look quite bad cracking signs and deep lips but i did notice tonight after a drive that its coming from steering a bit like a judder more noticable when stationary or slow moving.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Check your power steerin fluid level, over fill it by about 1inch. Then turn your steerin lock to lock a few times. Its common and is an official peugeot fix apparently. Btw its special fluid and not atf fluid.

·
5,087 Posts
Any clunking when turning steering at slow speeds ??

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check your power steerin fluid level, over fill it by about 1inch. Then turn your steerin lock to lock a few times. Its common and is an official peugeot fix apparently. Btw its special fluid and not atf fluid.

Thanks for that hopefully thats all it is do you know the grade of oil i need and does car need to be running when i check the level

·
Registered
909 Posts
Its called DA fluid, i know it is pretty expensive.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any clunking when turning steering at slow speeds ??
hi no,no clunking infact its weird as its not doing steering now it seems ok again but seemed like abs type thing was happening again I have ordered new discs and pads allround and a bottle of total lds fluid. I will be doing this the weekend provided weather is ok do you happen to know the capacity of power steering as I want to change it? also any tips on draining

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi no,no clunking infact its weird as its not doing steering now it seems ok again but seemed like abs type thing was happening again I have ordered new discs and pads allround and a bottle of total lds fluid. I will be doing this the weekend provided weather is ok do you happen to know the capacity of power steering as I want to change it? also any tips on draining
Right today power steering message came up saying it was faulty but no noises or strange feelings from the wheel well not that ive noticed does anyone know how much fluid i will need to do a fluid change i think this would be the first step to take but old stuff looks clean and orange in colour

·
5,087 Posts
autodata doesnt give the capacity for steering fluid for some reason. maybe Reliable406 might know. Its not cheap mind, i think i paid £11 a litre when i bought some, you say yours looks orange ?? the da fluid in the shed is pink so you may be right to change it all

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
autodata doesnt give the capacity for steering fluid for some reason. maybe Reliable406 might know. Its not cheap mind, i think i paid £11 a litre when i bought some, you say yours looks orange ?? the da fluid in the shed is pink so you may be right to change it all
Ok thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts