Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Anyone any know if the o ring on the end of the white plastic connector, going into the PCV can be purchased, or do they want you to buy the whole pipe?

Thanks...

·
Registered
648 Posts
PCV = Positive Crankcase Ventilation, in other words the one way valve that lets the blow by combustion gases from the cylinders exit in a controlled way and the connect to the pcv has an o ring to seal it, caused oil seapage when the o ring is knackered. No idea of the size though I'm afraid, sorry.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
PCV = Positive Crankcase Ventilation, in other words the one way valve that lets the blow by combustion gases from the cylinders exit in a controlled way and the connect to the pcv has an o ring to seal it, caused oil seapage when the o ring is knackered. No idea of the size though I'm afraid, sorry.
Thanks for that - it's been driving me nuts trying to think what it could be. Now I know what it is. I've always referred to it as a breather valve :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
The last time I heard it referred to as a PCV valve was in the workshop manual for the Ford Kent engine, long time ago. If O ring isn't available seperately just measure its section and OD or ID, it will probably be a standard O ring available in most places. You can actually make them yourself but it would be better to buy a moulded one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts