Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A new issue for me and I can't see any mention of it on the forums.

Recently, I have noticed that the NSR side light is always on regardless of whether the ignition is on or not. A few months ago I performed the earth repair on the same cluster, but don't think that it's related. All other lights are working fine.

I'm guessing that some relay may be stuck somewhere, but I have no wiring diagrams or details.

Any thoughts?

Mark
407 2.0HDi SW 2005

·
5,043 Posts
Normal bulb or led??

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7304F using Tapatalk

·
5,043 Posts
Did this start after your earth mod ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did this start after your earth mod ??

I think that it started on Friday, but the earth mod has been in place since the end of September. There's also no indication that the earth is poor as all lights work consistently. It's baffling :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, interesting question. I've not really left it for too long, before disconnecting the cluster connector. There is no towbar or electrics.

I've also got an ABS warning which clears when the ignition is turned off/on. Could this be indicating which ABS sensor has failed? Mad idea I know :)

Hi...does it eventually go out?or stay on for hours ?do you have towbar electrics?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I will try that. I first noticed it when approaching the car on Friday when leaving work, so would assume that it had been on for a few hours, but as I can't say for certain, I will go and connect it now.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

HI...leave it connected and see how long it stays on for....if over 5mins revert to disconnecting..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, it stays on for more than five minutes :(

OK, I will try that. I first noticed it when approaching the car on Friday when leaving work, so would assume that it had been on for a few hours, but as I can't say for certain, I will go and connect it now.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all,

This issue is still ongoing and I have no idea what to do now :(

I tested with Planet today and the faulty ABS sensor is indeed the same corner as the sidelight that is always on, but on clearing the fault, it made no difference, so I guess that it's just coincidence.

It does apparently have a trailer relay unit fitted, so could there be something amiss with this maybe?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mark

·
2,771 Posts
Hi...on my estate in the o/s (rh) cubby hole in the boot..with many wires going to the relay....you may be able to just unplug the feed wires on the relay..the would isolate the cars wiring harness as that relay requires a live feed to work..that could be feeding your side light

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm, nothing in there on mine. Will keep looking!

Hi...on my estate in the o/s (rh) cubby hole in the boot..with many wires going to the relay....you may be able to just unplug the feed wires on the relay..the would isolate the cars wiring harness as that relay requires a live feed to work..that could be feeding your side light

1 - 15 of 15 Posts