Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Looking for some help. I have a 17 reg 2008 and the nox sensor has just gone on it. Problem is I have driven 76k miles, so been told I am out of warranty. I'm waiting on someone from Peugeot calling me on monday with a price. But from a quick search I'm looking at a ridiculous amount of money. I'm annoyed that had this been in my second year I would have been covered up to 100k miles but because I'm in my third year I'm only covered up to 60k miles. Has anyone disputed the warranty and had something fixed on an expired warranty? I'm so annoyed about having to pay for a manufacturing issue. Also the car is going to automatically stop driving in about 500 miles and I drive 150 a day, so I've no choice but to find the money and get it fixed in the next few days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
did you find a solution?

seems like there are loads of cars suffering the same sensor fault issue across different manufactures. Once you know the up tp date part number it is possible to get genuine NOx sensors for your car for around £200 but choose you seller carefully as used or pattern parts are a waste of time

what makes you so sure it was actually that sensor, and have you knowledge of any fault codes that gave that impression? I notice that other forum posters are in a similar position and have changed them with no improvements, sometimes a temporary cure but one that recurs, so face further expense.

its a shame manufactures are able to get away with supplying parts with such a limited lifespan and are unable to make effective diagnoses and are happy to just randomly swap parts to finding solution invariably a the customers expense

surely one can't be expected to pay the full price for a can questionably still in warranty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - thanks for the reply. I took it to the dealer who said that was what the issue was. Problem is I do a lot of miles a day and the car would have stopped completely if i left it more than a couple of days as the miles were going down dramatically. So i was basically held to random. I did manage to get peugeot to pay for 50% of the total cost but I'm still not happy and now it's fixed, I might try claim the remainder back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts