Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well !! after picking up my used 58 308 140 Automatic , 24 hours later its back at the dealers!!!! I took it for a 40 mile run round to check it all out & show my Mrs how good it was ????After a coffee stop , we set off again complete with engine management light glowing & exclamation alert on small screen . No probs driving home , all seemed fine . Got home & checked pute . apart from De pollution alert I also got No Dipped beam .Anyway straight back to the dealer 9am today. They gave me brand new jack ( missing on delivery) said they will see to dipped beam BUT!! they couldn't do engine this am.The tech said it was throwing up timing slip & it would take longer to attend to it. Not a very good start all round . However for my troubles I have got a brand new ( only 16 miles on clock) loaner 1.6 Diesel 308 Active 6 speed manual , with stop start. A feature that confused me at the first set of lights!!No matter!! they wont get their nice new 308 back until I am 100% happy with my purchase. I also told them I cant put up with the banging , sqeeking & rattleing around the boot area ( sound like a 10 year old banger. ) It didnt do it on test drive --so it shouldn't do it now ??? I'll keep you posted.:thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
Well, at least you got a loaner to keep you going, but it's not good they let a used car out the door without spotting a missing jack, never mind all the running faults.

Keep us posted y'all hear!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The saga continues !!! I have had my 308 for 6 days now , but it has only been on my drive for 12 hours ,they took it in for glowing engine light & worked out it was a timing fault. The tech phoned me & said it was a chain guide that had cracked & was throwing the chain out of kilter. They didnt have the part & would order one for fixing the next day . Today I got another call stating that they couldn't put it back together , as the warranty company engineer wanted to investigate & have a look. Just got another phone call , this time from the warranty company , asking details of how it happened. I'have to be honest I need concrete guarantees that this car will be perfect on me getting it back , or I shall be rejecting it under the " Sales of Goods Act " & asking for my Dodge Avenger back & £££££ Balance. I'm afraid , I wont tolerate shoddy workmanship or an incompetent dealer. Having spent many years, off & on , within the motor trade in various capacities , I think they are going to find me a tough customer to deal with!!!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Continuation of the sad tale.... Dealer phoned....." We are just putting your car back together....you can probably have it back TOMMOROW" ???? Doh..!!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow !! got my 308 back this PM. New timing chain guides, new dip bulb , new hatch lock.( new hatch lock eliminates rattles & squeaks). Full valet in & out , pute re-flash with updates .-------Result , no engine management light ( Depollution) , smooth pulling engine with no lumpy tickover, Auto box changes up & down smoothly , only minor everyday rattles & squeaks from back end . Car transformed from what I took delivery of 6 days ago!!BUT!!! why could't they have handed over the car too me 6 days ago like this --& save us all some grief????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts