Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I've had a company car for the last two years but have a 307 HDI 110 53 plate that hasn't moved.

It has been started up every three months or so but maybe not for the last 6.

Fuel is now very low. I charged the battery a couple of days ago. Put it on, cranked it over & nothing. I can hear the fuel pump priming.

Bought 5l of diesel, put it in last night & had the battery on charge again. Tried leaving it 10-15 seconds about 5 times to try get the fuel filter filled with diesel but still just cranks & cranks.

Before it has always fired straight up & I've just left it running for about 15-20 mins & drove it about 500m.

Its got 104k on the clock & I was wanting to get it back on the road, give it a service & get the belts done.

Any ideas on where to start?

I'm hoping it ran out of fuel & thats the reason why it wouldn't start. Is 5l enough fuel or should I go get another 5l for the tank? The fuel light is constantly flashing on the dash, is this normal? I'm sure it was just solid lit up before?

Any help appreciated!!

Cheers

EDIT: I had 7-8k miles of trouble free driving before she was parked up. Just the ABS sensors on the rear which was the rust moving the sensors.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If the filter is empty you'll have to crack it for so long you'll think something is wrong before it starts. I'm thinking 1-3 minutes of cranking.

I'd take the filter off and check if theres any diesel there, then either fill it up or use the manual pump. You'll still have to let it crank for a while, but it will at least start:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply. Yeah I thought that the filter might be empty. I can't find out how to manually pump on a 110 HDI?? Googling it reckons that you just keep letting the pump prime by switching on ignition?

If I crack the top off the filter housing (easier said than done from reading posts on here) & put some diesel in there?

I've now put 10l of diesel in the tank but the needle isn't recognising it & the fuel light is constantly flashing..... Anybody know what this means, if its normal?

Cheers

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm not a 100% certain of this, but I believe that the 110HDI was sold with both a bosch and a siemens system, difference being that the bosch system has a feeder pump in the tank + a manual pump, while the siemens system has neither.

However this is 406-based (half) knowledge, I don't even know if 307s are the same. Mine at least has a pump on top of the engine underneath the plastic.

The fuel gauge thing could be that the sender in the tank is stuck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine must be the Siemens system then. Just taken off the fuel filter housing. Their was a drain on the bottom of the housing so i twisted it & fuel came straight out so their is fuel in the system.

Batery is just on charge (again) I'll keep it cranking tonight once charged up.

Cheers

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
Im pretty sure all 110 models with 2 litre engines are bosch injection with in tank pump

does the car chime if key in ignition and door open ?

Was the battery totally flat at any time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car doesn't chime. Battery totally flat. Bo£%ocks. Thats what it is then. Immobilized.

I have no idea where anything that came with the car is. It took me over 2 weeks to find the key over Xmas. I've just read I need a 4 digit code for the key that comes in the original pack.

Where do I go from here?

If I buy pp2000 can I do it with that?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Ginger.

PM'd Bettyswollocks & will take the Lexia 3 from the other guy.

Cheers for the help guys. I'll let you know how I get on!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts