Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all 406 turned ov er twice now wont turn over and eml comes on when i turn the keyb to start it.
406 2.0l hdi 90 2003 123k
engine DYPU3001540

I replaced the battery last week without issue and it has started many times since. This morning it turned over but did not fire after two attempts of about 5 seconds each time. After attempt two it would not turn over again. No dimming of lights or clicking from starter motor and all terminal clamps rechecked etc.
I rotate the key to position 1 and the usual lights are there and holding the key in position 2 (start) the engine management light comes on. When I release the key from the start position it disappears.

I have faffed about with the fuses and relays to make sure all are ok. Same result.
I removed the battery + and tried again -still the same eml light on but not turning over. Now I receive the message 'power saving mode enabled' and no instruments/wipers/indicators or windows work.

Am i missing something obvious here? Bear in mind it turned over twice before this issue!:(:(

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi all 406 turned ov er twice now wont turn over and eml comes on when i turn the keyb to start it.
406 2.0l hdi 90 2003 123k
engine DYPU3001540

I replaced the battery last week without issue and it has started many times since. This morning it turned over but did not fire after two attempts of about 5 seconds each time. After attempt two it would not turn over again. No dimming of lights or clicking from starter motor and all terminal clamps rechecked etc.
I rotate the key to position 1 and the usual lights are there and holding the key in position 2 (start) the engine management light comes on. When I release the key from the start position it disappears.

I have faffed about with the fuses and relays to make sure all are ok. Same result.
I removed the battery + and tried again -still the same eml light on but not turning over. Now I receive the message 'power saving mode enabled' and no instruments/wipers/indicators or windows work.

Am i missing something obvious here? Bear in mind it turned over twice before this issue!:(:(
sounds like either a bad starter motor, bad connection or broken wire to starter motor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts