Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, driving car today went to put it in reverse seemed to not be gripping road looked to see any ice couldnt see any, 5 mins after same again on different bit of road, any ideas????? when clutch is pressed theres bit of whining noise if that might help diagnostic, cheers everyone

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
does your car have excessive revs when going into gear? very difficult to select a gear? smells? smoke? noises other than the whining?

if yes, you may need to get a new clutch...

i got told once to diagnose your clutch try and pull away in a higher gear such as 3 or 4 if you do then your clutch is on way out, if it stalls your good :thumb:

on my 307 i did find that sometimes reverse didnt lock in, but made a random grind noise and jump to neutral again, sometimes it didnt make any noise just looked like it was in reverse and didnt move...even after new clutch...think it may have been gearbox

·
Registered
84 Posts
cck2k9 said:
on my 307 i did find that sometimes reverse didnt lock in, but made a random grind noise and jump to neutral again, sometimes it didnt make any noise just looked like it was in reverse and didnt move...
We have something like that on our 2002 307SW - Sometimes it won't go into reverse. You need lift the clutch pedal up a smidgin, then reverse engages. It doesn't happen all the time, and mostly when engine is off - in winter, we leave the car in gear, as opposed to the handbrake on, so the brakes don't freeze. One day, the car rolled down the driveway, almost into a neighbou'rs yard! :eek:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
haha yeah thats exactly how i had to select reverse sometimes aswell...or either had to put it in neutral, release the clutch then attempt it again...pain the ass...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took it to pug dealers today, they said its the clutch!!!! guy said its not releasing properly thats the noise i can hear, i would tell you the price but im scared il hurt myself lol, fcuk it its 530 quid fitted,

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sorry but tell them to feck off! get the clutch kit yourself for £117 (think prices may have gone up) from eurocarparts and a decent garage to fit it for you. i managed to get mine done for £120. save loads of £££. dont fall for that crap of them using genuine parts as it is the same ones carparts sell (valeo).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers pal, just been reading the mr clutch thread on here, i was going to fleabay it but 120 sounds good to me il phone some up cheers

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ive learned it always pays off to shop around, i play them off each other by saying a garage nearby have said £££ they will then go cheaper to get the work and money and i keep going till they say they say "i cant go lower". works like a charm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts