Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

had a smashing time yesterday with my 08 pate 307 SW 1.6 HDI 110. Front grill in tiny pieces and crash bar bent. Didn't feel that bad though. I was stopped, the other driver smashed into me when he slipped off the brake onto the accelerator.
Engine wasn't touched, only the radiator slightly pushed in and plastic fan blades cracked. No leaks or other damage, apart from cracked plastic panels.
The engine was running fine after the crash, but when I turned it off it now won't start again.
Any ideas what could cause this?
Does the 1.6 HDI have a fuel inertia switch? I am also wondering whether the airbag ecu registered a crash (airbags not deployed, but need to check seat belt tensioner when I get home) and is now stopping the engine from starting.
Will hook up PP over the weekend to see if I can find out more.

Thanks,

JDS

·
5,886 Posts
I am sure that later models do not have switch its all built in to Engine ECU I would go with damaged wiring/fuse

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I am sure that later models do not have switch its all built in to Engine ECU I would go with damaged wiring/fuse
Pretty sure your correct about the lack of a physical inertia switch.

It might be built in to the BSI unit OR airbag ecu.

Would be interesting to see what Planet would bring up if a global scan was carried out.

·
Registered
14,628 Posts
No inertia switch on later cars

Airbag ecu will NOT stop engine running if it was fine till turned off its most likely a communication error as the ecu would stay unlocked till it shuts down and its now not getting the unlock code most likely due to a wiring issue or blown fuse as windy says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts