Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
On the trip computer in the multi function display apparently my current mpg averages from 100-400 mpg and continuously cycles between the figures. Unfortunately I know this is incorrect, would be nice though!
The average consumption seems quite accurate with it reading around 43 mpg.
Does anybody know what causes this or how to fix it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Can't give a definitive answer to this but is everything else ok, speedo OK no ABS light or MIL light? If everything else is OK I would try a BSI reset if that doesn't resolve it afraid its down to hooking it up to diagnostics see if that shows anything as 307's seem to be noted for ABS problems which provides part of the data to compute economy. Unless someone else on here knows exactly what it is. If it is something that has only just happened the average won't be affected for a while and will probably slowly ramp up.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Have a look at the readout when you have your foot down, it might go down to single figures, i get my wifes car to show 999mpg going downhill. :)
I wouldn't concern yourself with this, it's the average mileage that counts, not a snapshot of what the car is doing at any given moment.

Roger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No lights are displayed and everything else seems fine so I wont worry about it.
Forgive my ignorance but what is a bsi reset?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
rustyroger is right - the current mpg figure never stays the same - it varies according to your driving conditions. There is nothing wrong - a bsi reset (disconnect and reconnect battery following a set procedure) is not needed. Change the display to average mpg if it annoys. My car does the same as yours on current mpg as do all the cars:thumb:.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The MPG figure on the trip computers can be a long way from accurate. My first 307 regularly showed an average MPG for a full tank at 78 - 90+ MPG when the real figure was more like 55MPG.

·
5,891 Posts
Car that have been badly remapped by altering the injector calibration maps also over read MPG as trip is calibrated to std map. The instant fuel consumption figure is calculated from injection duration hence 999.99 when over-run fuel cut-off activates

·
5,891 Posts
It just basically says how much fuel has been injected and how far have we travelled, Its is also a very basic calculation as if you look at trip is still says --- when you pull away and only manages to get a figure from about 10 mph onwards

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks Windy never had a Peugeot with a trip computer but have had other cars with them and although they do jump around a lot the description on this thread sounded outside of what is acceptable but sounds pretty normal for Pugs by all accounts. Suppose its a bit like the oil light on the 206 lol.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My 307 estate current never seems to be even close to accurate. 30mph in 5th gear on flat ground gives almost 80mpg.

If your going down it will quickly rocket.

the average though is usually within 2mpg above the actual calculated mpg based on full tank filling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts