Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I am new here so take it easy :).

**(DPF DELETED and EGR DELETED)** 1.6 HDi 110 2004

Im having an issue at the moment, the car was running fine before I done a service which was just oil and filter. I started her up and was smoking a little near the turbo. So I checked the turbo took the piping off and seen oil in the turbo and the intercooler was oily must of been going on for a while.. (Intercooler Now Cleaned). The impellers were fine no play so I assumed the seal had gone or something. New turbo fitted still doing the same however no oil no longer coming out of the impeller so all good. She cranks over and idles fine however when accelerator pressed it revs up slow and smokes Alot from the exhaust (Blue, White, Black) you name it. Im starting too assume oil is getting into somewhere it shouldn't be.

Any lovely advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No signs of oil in the air filter I’m going too do some live readings and hopefully post them up here.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You changed a turbo for oil in the intake there was nothing wrong with the old turbo !!!

The oil in the intake comes from the rocker cover breather as for whats wrong now i have no idea as your description is hard to understand but whatever WAS wrong it was not the turbo more likely you dislodged something during your work that simply needed refitting

Sensor/pipe whatever all you have done now is add more possible reasons for your issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea what I could of dislodged by doing an oil and filter change.. is there a possibility of it running too the PCV Valve somehow?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Fix whatever is causing the rough running FIRST then worry about the oil if thats even worth worrying about as i say sounds normal to me.

Go over everything you touched make sure nothing is loose or left unplugged.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It idles fine at the moment, just abit of blue smoke.. however driving her is hard she just tries too die and then I have to dip the clutch too keep her going sort of thing with excess of smoke from the exhaust.

·
2,976 Posts
Hi....this is a long shot ....but on the new turbo,was there any plastic plugs fitted in to the ends to stop dirt/muck getting in...only ever seen that once...but worth a check...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the issue was still there before I fitted the new turbo. Maybe a compression test will be my best bet.

·
2,976 Posts
Hi...in the first post the op says "had smoke from near the turbo"not from the exhaust??so I thought there may be a prob with the fitting of a new turbo(not needed)and introduced another problem,It just seems strange to me how an oil change can cause all this...he must back track and check eveything....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There’s no oil going into the intercooler anymore i suspect there will be a little misting at some point as it is common whenever it gets running properly.. I started it this morning and she didn’t sound like it was running properly on all 4’s but after about 20 seconds she began too idle perfect.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts