Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 307 (2005) with 31,920 miles and the clutch bite is very high. First time owner of a 307 so I have no experience of them.

Clutch is smooth, no slippage or juddering. Silent also.

Is it really worn or is it just a characteristic of this model?

;)

1.6 16v SE petrol

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have a 2.0 hdi with 285000ish km. Original clutch and DMF.
It's starting to feel juddery, but no slippage.

I believe these cars have a naturally high bite point, the same way the have a loose gearbox. Maybe it's a french thing, i feel like i'm driving a 18 wheeler with high and low gears...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It has a hydraulically operated clutch with no adjustment possible.
If all is well other than a high biting point leave well alone until you have problems. :)

Roger.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a hydraulically operated clutch with no adjustment possible.
If all is well other than a high biting point leave well alone until you have problems. :)

Roger.
Do you think a replacement could just be a false investment?

I have just bought it and have a 3 month warranty. Also the seller agreed in writing to replace it if the warranty doesn't cover.

So maybe best to try and get it replaced before the 3 month warranty finishes to take advantage or is it best to leave the original in until it gives up completely?

I would like to try another 307 just to know if mine if totally worn or it just bites very high.

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine has had a new clutch this year....biting point is lower than before. But still higher than anything else I have driven. I drove mine ( carefully ) for over 10,000 miles before I changed it. It still wasnt slipping bad,but I thought it was wise before anything broke in a big way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts