Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got a 2015 Pug 308 40k miles 1.6 diesel with AdBlue. So I was driving along, adblue came on. Went got it started to fill took maybe 3 litres then was full. Then engine management light came on. I've had a look through the forums and can't really see why this would happen. Anyone got any ideas on what may cause it? And prices to get fixed?

Thanks from a newbie.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
Dealer diagnose is ~125£ just to look up the code...and any other rectifying action will cost extra money.

If you have an OBD tool search for the fault code yourself.

Also how do you know its full? you should not overfill it, (you mean the adblue was overfilling from that inlet pipe in the boot )
if you overfill it probably that is why or maybe it didn't like the quality of the adblue you filled it with (the adblue has a very low shelf life...)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Dealer diagnose is ~125£ just to look up the code...and any other rectifying action will cost extra money.

If you have an OBD tool search for the fault code yourself.

Also how do you know its full? you should not overfill it, (you mean the adblue was overfilling from that inlet pipe in the boot )
if you overfill it probably that is why or maybe it didn't like the quality of the adblue you filled it with (the adblue has a very low shelf life...)
Thanks for reply, Not sure what OBD is. I thought as I couldn't see a visual indicator of how full or empty the tank was so a little did come over the top.

A friend said its possible a NOX sensor?? I'm not great with cars just absolute basics 😳.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for reply, Not sure what OBD is. I thought as I couldn't see a visual indicator of how full or empty the tank was so a little did come over the top.

A friend said its possible a NOX sensor?? I'm not great with cars just absolute basics 😳.

Thanks
I think you should better take your car to the dealer if the fault still persists.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The dealer will connect the car to a laptop (via special obd connector in your car). With a PUG software he can get a sense of the actual error details.
There are two possibilities here , both are well known for your model:
1. Adblue pump failure
2. NOx sensor failure.

The first one is expensive to replace : 1000£ . The 2nd one is only 200£ .

From your milage I will bet on the first failure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer will connect the car to a laptop (via special obd connector in your car). With a PUG software he can get a sense of the actual error details.
There are two possibilities here , both are well known for your model:
1. Adblue pump failure
2. NOx sensor failure.

The first one is expensive to replace : 1000£ . The 2nd one is only 200£ .

From your milage I will bet on the first failure.
Thanks for your reply.

So you think I'll need a new AdBlue pump after 40k miles. Wish I was told more about adblue would've maybe reconsidered 🙈

Cheers I'll try get booked in to a garage ASAP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, this week I had the light for UREA blinking alongside with engine repair light turned on with warning that the car won't start in 1100 km. Going through this forum i found out that Peugeot has extended the warranty for AdBlue tank replacement to 150.000km/5 years.

I can confirm that is true as i had my AdBlue tank replaced on this warranty with 114.000 km on my car and the car will be 5 years old at the end of February.

So you need to get it diagnosed at the dealer if they get the error code P028E they will write the warranty claim and you will cover only the cost of diagnostics which in my case was little over 100€.

Edit: Condition for Peugeot to cover the cost of the new tank is full service history done by Peugeot. The usual terms and conditions for any warranty claim.

Your car is probably older than 5 years but given the low mileage maybe they can cover part of the cost if your car was serviced at the authorised dealers.

Hope this helps you in any way, good luck!

Thanks for your reply.

So you think I'll need a new AdBlue pump after 40k miles. Wish I was told more about adblue would've maybe reconsidered 🙈

Cheers I'll try get booked in to a garage ASAP

·
Registered
646 Posts
You forgot to mention one important thing. Car must have a service history with Peugeot dealers only, otherwise you can forget about that warranty.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Right, the ext. warranty is : 60month and 150000km with complete authorized service history . The first condition will fail , but worth a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, got a 2015 Pug 308 40k miles 1.6 diesel with AdBlue. So I was driving along, adblue came on. Went got it started to fill took maybe 3 litres then was full. Then engine management light came on. I've had a look through the forums and can't really see why this would happen. Anyone got any ideas on what may cause it? And prices to get fixed?

Thanks from a newbie.
UPDATE**
OK guys. Mate plugged it in. P20E8 fault. Cleared them both. Boom both lights back on after 10miles driving 🙈🙈

·
Registered
646 Posts
Try removing the cap completely and if possible drive some long routes. I also had the same error but disappeared after long trip with cap removed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What adblue do you use? Are there any differences? As I have low mileage, last time I fill it was almost two years ago and for the last 6 months I have problems but for now I am solving it with a known "hammering" procedure :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, plugged in faults cleared at garage. Fine for few days then back on. Then weirdly driving along all went out by themselves... drove maybe 2-3 days fine no lights, then they came back on... do we think sensor or tank/pump??

·
Registered
160 Posts
So, plugged in faults cleared at garage. Fine for few days then back on. Then weirdly driving along all went out by themselves... drove maybe 2-3 days fine no lights, then they came back on... do we think sensor or tank/pump??
Is your cap the new type or the old type? The new design should prevent vacuum build up in the tank which was a possible cause for premature pump failure. it should have been changed by the dealer - you could try driving with the cap loose and see if that helps?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine has a new one, early changed. Still, there is a problem with the error so I removed the cap completely. I even modified blue cap and removed white filter. But even with the modification and removing cap problem sometimes occurs. So I resolve it with a hammer because it is 100% sure that is crystallisation problem...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts