Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says..
I assumed it was activated by twisting the middle of the right (wiper) stick but that doesn't move. It's got the indentations on it for turning/twisting, but no markings, at all.
The rear wiper does work when reversing, when I switch on the option in the config so I know it's not broken, and it doesn't come on with the front wipers.
Am I missing something here? Is it only supposed to work when reversing?

The manual says twisting should do it, but in the manual there's markings/writing on the stick. It's a downloaded manual since I didn't get one with it, but it's the right model, sw.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
As the title says..
I assumed it was activated by twisting the middle of the right (wiper) stick but that doesn't move. It's got the indentations on it for turning/twisting, but no markings, at all.
The rear wiper does work when reversing, when I switch on the option in the config so I know it's not broken, and it doesn't come on with the front wipers.
Am I missing something here? Is it only supposed to work when reversing?

The manual says twisting should do it, but in the manual there's markings/writing on the stick. It's a downloaded manual since I didn't get one with it, but it's the right model, sw.
it sounds like someone has fitted the wrong comms unit, if you could take a pic of the wiper stalk and upload it for me to confirm for you

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yes, I was looking at a few comm units there on ebay and I saw the two different versions!

I'm guessing there was a lot done to the car over the years, still some things to get sorted too, cracked gear mount, esp sensor, timing belt etc.. but I got it for €450 with the belt kit (w/pump etc) so I don't really mind.

I'm the type of person who gets a little bit excited when something breaks, because I get an excuse to mess with it. :)

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Ah yes, I was looking at a few comm units there on ebay and I saw the two different versions!

I'm guessing there was a lot done to the car over the years, still some things to get sorted too, cracked gear mount, esp sensor, timing belt etc.. but I got it for €450 with the belt kit (w/pump etc) so I don't really mind.

I'm the type of person who gets a little bit excited when something breaks, because I get an excuse to mess with it. :)
your esp fault could be down to wrong comms unit fitted or angle sensor needing calibrating

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your esp fault could be down to wrong comms unit fitted or angle sensor needing calibrating
That might make sense alright, nice one!
I'll look into it. Might try to pick up a scrapped comm unit somewhere when I get a chance. I probably wouldn't have thought of someone installing the wrong comm unit until you said it, but it seems to be the case. The last owner probably picked it up for cheap somewhere..
Don't know what an angle sensor is but I'll go and do a bit of research there now.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
That might make sense alright, nice one!
I'll look into it. Might try to pick up a scrapped comm unit somewhere when I get a chance. I probably wouldn't have thought of someone installing the wrong comm unit until you said it, but it seems to be the case. The last owner probably picked it up for cheap somewhere..
Don't know what an angle sensor is but I'll go and do a bit of research there now.

Thanks again!
the esp has a level sensor to check the level of the car when turning and it also uses the abs sensors to know the speed of each wheel as well has have a sensor in the comms unit to know the angle of the steering wheel, it can then apply brakes on individual wheels to help the car round corners instead of loosing control of the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts