Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

My mum has a 1007 and never had a problem with it until today. She was driving along and found the gears not to be selection properly. She pulled over and got the AA out. and they just towed it back to her place.

I went over today and the battery light is flashing. It does not even turn over. it just dead like someone has taken off the starter.

I plugged it in and the only errors I am getting is

Automatic transmission control unit
Permanent fault : brake signal (Switch/ CAN)

permanent fault. Clutch actuator position signal Coherence

Permanent fault: Gear Selector signal: coherence

permanent fault. Gearbox - The gear does not engage.

The AA have said that the reason it does not want to try and turn over is the fact it thinks the car is in gear all the time.

The dash board has a --- where it meant to say what gear its in.

I have been told its more than likely the ECU that's gone up the creek as that's the usual thing to go on these things.

anyone have any views on this or even where to start as I have never seen this style or even worked on one and so don't even know where to start.

There are no other errors anywhere else on the scan it was just under the automatic section

·
11,961 Posts
Agreed. A simple thing like the brake switch, which is a common fail part, is so instrumental to many other parts of the car.

My cruise control would fail because of a faulty brake switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1007 peugot gears slip

I have a peugot 1007 1.6 and have done ove 100000 miles since owning

I have had 2 actuators replaced at great expense

recently I have noticed that when the gear comes down from 2 to 1 it sometime stalls the car if I break suddenly i.e some sort of slip occurs from gear 2 to 1

what is the solution i.e the most cheapest solution to resolve this

thanks

regards

Aj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts