1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm trying to diagnose a non-starting 2006307 2.0L HDI with Diagbox V7.02

Things I know:
Was working OK occasionally got pollution system warnings and went into limp mode several times but came good except the last time after which wouldn’t start.

So cleaned the particle filter out

Symptoms:
It’s stuck in Economy Mode
Cranks and fires once as soon as the oil pressure switch is activated (seen using graphing parameters in Diagbox) and then occasionally fires after but never runs.

From Diagbox
Both measured fuel pressure and injector flow are OK
Camshaft/crankshaft synchronization – Yes
Control unit condition - ECU is not locked
Problems detected when transmitting the unlock code – No problem detected
Immobilizer issues - Key is recognised
ECU and BSI linked​

Checking ECU’s the High frequency module – Absent
The remote locking has never work well and only very occasionally work when really close to the steering column but this is not new, car worked like this for ages.

Reported faults
P1693 : Remotely controlled ECU wake-up
Characterisation : Start or stop requests missing or invalid

U2001 : Remotely controlled ECU wake-up
Characterisation : Main wake-up request missing or invalid

Any help would be greatly appreciated been struggling with this thing for some time.

Thanks,
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry new to this - why and which ECU? If you mean the fuel/ignition ECU it seems that every parameter I test for on that unit with live data as I crank the engine over it seems to give sensible values. So I'd have thought that perhaps it's more likely to be another unit or sensor?

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Permanent fault with ecu wake up does NOT mean ecu is faulty its most likely a communication issue between the ECU and BSI as that u code is a can bus error code

I would check the wiring

Its not stuck in economy mode it will come out once car starts that's normal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks reliable406,
again I'm new to this but could you explain specifically what a permanent fault is, does it mean more than just always present (not intermittent), and are they treated any differently to other faults?

"that u code is a can bus error code" - What's the difference between P and U codes?

Given that the P code comes first followed by the U code is this relevant information? So just a wild guess but if say the P code is from the ECU fuel/ignition ECU and the U code is perhaps from the BSI ECU.

I'll check the cable and connectors between the BSI and fuel/ignition ECU.

Thanks heaps,
Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts