Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well came out this morning and tried to start the car after a cold night and scraping off the frost. Would not turnover on start up goes through the start up screen but only get a click on turning the Key Plugged in PP but this came back With no real faults. ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well came out this morning and tried to start the car after a cold night and scraping off the frost. Would not turnover on start up goes through the start up screen but only get a click on turning the Key Plugged in PP but this came back With no real faults. ?
Sounds like the starter motor

C

·
0 Posts
Or battery, starters from what I've been told by those who have had them fail usually give signs before giving up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it has seam to Turn over a bit slower the last week but always started wonder who to call out to fix this AA or Rac so i can get it going for tomorrow comments as don't have the time to take it to a garage

·
Registered
177 Posts
mine never.

one year i didn't use the car for a about 3 days after new years, when i did need it, it wouldn't start, just got a clicking sound, had to get it towed to the grage for a new starter motor to be fitted.

·
Registered
428 Posts
well it has seam to Turn over a bit slower the last week but always started wonder who to call out to fix this AA or Rac so i can get it going for tomorrow comments as don't have the time to take it to a garage
If you have breakdown cover I would get them out to check it over. It does sound more like battery as a starter would normally play up before failing altogether.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well got the AA out they checked the Battery and sure enough goosed so went and replaced it just wasn't holding a charge. Suspect sub zero temp just kicked it into touch and the Jump cables where passed it now (in bucket )

so new battery hopefully everything will be hunky dory :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts