Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Can anyone let me know of a 'local' Peugeot Planet user/operator to give me a diagnosis on my 2007 1.6 hdi 110 BHP estate? I checked on the list of operators for the North East of England and the only one nearest to me is CMOS but he has not been online since 2017. I live in Hartlepool.
Cheers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lmao. I'm from Stanton in Hartlepool, however now live in Stafford and have PP on my diagnostic laptop.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
5,087 Posts
After lockdown we are in Sunderland/Jarrow/South shields with it, depending on who used it last lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way what Is the fault or trouble you are having with the car?
Hi Madbadandold
The problem I am having is still the same problem I had when I posted earlier when i posted in Not starting after attempted gearbox removal (which you replied on btw). I used an auto electrician but he could not solve the problem for some reason. Cant refuel car because if i switch car off it may not restart. At my wits end and even considering taking it to Peugeot for a 120 quid diagnosis!!!!!. Was hoping someone with Peugeot planet could help. It has had a new battery and new starter motor and i had clutch and flywheel replaced.
Cheers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just read your original post. Does the car start, if so a few checks...

Voltage over battery terminals before starting
Voltage over battery whilst engine running ( all Accessories switched off)
Voltage over battery under load. (Lights wipers radio on) etc.

As mentioned it sounds like an earth issue to me or an intermittent starter/alternator issue

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

As mentioned it sounds like an earth issue to me or an intermittent starter/alternator issue

Hi Teesside1971
I will check those readings but I need to buy a voltmeter first :)
Many thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The op is a term for the person who started the discussion so that is you! You must stop the engine at some time and you get it going again albeit eventually.
Hi mate, sorry about the delay in replying. I didn't know that I was'the op'...my mistake. Anyway, when I switch off the car I have no confidence that it will restart. For example, I stopped the engine outside my house over a week ago and it wouldn't start again with exactly the problem I outlined. I went out to try it today and it started first time, hence the lack of confidence in it starting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hi mate ..... I managed to get the car started so I took those readings (with my brand new multimeter ;)) Before starting it was 12.5v, when started it was 14.38v and when under load, lights, wipers, radio and heater fan on full it was 14.20v. Do those help?
Cheers.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts