Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
307 1.6l lx 2002 I have had an issue where my car started 1st time every time but now it turns over but won't start. I have check the fuel pump which is fine and even tried a BSI reset incase linked to immobiliser which only has made things worse as now electric windows not working with drivers window stuck down and the warning light display isn't working now either. Diagnostic seems most logically option to me at moment but any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I hope you didn't throw the old one away - it had the immobiliser chip clipped into one of the shell halves.

If you did, and you have no spare key, you need a new keyfob 6445 RC, the four digit security code and Planet/Diagbox to program it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have found the old fob and yes I was plonker and forgot to switch transponder. Have now put it in new fob and it is now recognising key (beeping). Sadly drained battery too much to start it so will need to charge it or jump it first before know outcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced the battery and tried to BSI reset again twice and still no joy. Electric windows still not working and car is again turning over but not starting.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I dont understand why people go for a bsi reset when car wont start its not really the correct solution

So now you have recharged the battery have you done the beep test again ?

The windows wont work till the car starts again its normal and a symptom NOT an issue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since battery been replaced beep test worked and symptoms are.....

Car turns over but won't start
Ignition on but no electrics (windows, wipers)
Economy mode active
Warning light display no longer working.

I have some mechanical knowledge but electrics clearly isn't my strong point so please don't judge. Can hear fuel pump cut in so ruled that out. Would it be worth checking the spark plugs?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Economy mode is reason for other things not working ignore both they are not an issue

If you have a beep then they key is now happy so it really should now start if it was me i would tow start it now as it may well just need a little help due to all the messing around with electrics towing in gear will also turn off economy mode and fix electrics so you will then know these are not the problem.

If it still wont go with a tow then you WILL need diagnostic help to check immobiliser settings keys working etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts