Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all i have a 2006 407 1.6 HDi RHR engine.... i fixed a leak on number one HP pipe to injector , primed with the hand pump , cranked the car till the starter fried and the battery went dead . ive serviced the starter and charged the battery , plus i bought psa-com and ran live data and checked for trouble codes ( screenshots attached ) .. the car runs when i spray easy start but not on its own . you'll notice on one of the screen shots the max pressure i achieved is 39 bar ... i have a whole essay to write ...but i think i better leave it there for now :) ...dont wanna push my luck .... thanks again for the help

Attachments

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
39 bar is a reading you get when the wiring is bad on the pump you have no pressure in the rail or the sensor is faulty since you have been working on the injector fuel pressure is your likely issue.

Al that info is BSI related not much good for a non start couple of things seem wrong but probably just reversed terminology compared to planet

You need to see ENGINE live data

You need to do the beep test FIRST though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi reliable , thanks for the reply ... whats the beep test ?

the data in this screen shot , ive just attached ..is this not live engine data ? i recorded this while i cranked .

Attachments

·
2,771 Posts
Hi...just in cae your not familiar with the 'beep test'

Car not starting? How-to "BEEP TEST" it.

If your car is swinging over normally but is refusing to fire up, the first [and easiest] thing to check is that the key has not lost it's programming. We refer to it as the "BEEP TEST".

How to check:
Get in the car, close driver's door, put key in ignition, try to start it, switch ignition off and leave key in ignition. Open driver's door. You should now hear a beeping to tell you the key is still in the ignition.

If your key has lost it's programming, you will not get this warning beeping. Unfortunately, the ONLY way to fix this issue is to reprogram your key/s.

thank willnz for that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks noddy , tried it ...no beep ... i should mention the car is in economy mode tho ..would that perhaps affect it ...might not beep to save power ? is that possible ? on psa-com it does have an option to reprogtram the key and i do have the key pin code , but obviously being a novice i wouldnt want to do it if it isnt necessary . you reckon the beep is a sure thing ?

·
2,771 Posts
Im not familiar with the diagnosis systyem you are using but if you dont get a 'beep'the car is not recognising the key so the imobiliser is stopping starting..economy mode will go when its running...Unless you 'fried' something else when you tried to start it

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
If its not beeping its not reading the key but your screenshots SEEM to suggest it is this is the problem with using different programs to what we are used to but economy mode is not the problem merely a symptom.

If those readings are while cranking then you have NO fuel pressure or your software is not reading the fuel pressure it should go to 300 bar while cranking or something around that figure

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
What the BSI data would normally say is engine control unit locked YES when key off and NO when key on your software is saying the opposite that makes no sense so i recon its just worded wrongly

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys ...i dont think i explained correctly ... i meant to say , the reason i'm not getting the beep is because the car is in economy mode and it wont beep in order to save power , just as the radio doesnt work and the windows dont operate in economy .. is that a possibility for no beep ?
as for the ecu locked unlocked ... i think there was just a delay in the software ...it did exactly what you described ... it said locked then when i cranked it changed to unlocked , then when i turned my key back off , the column that said key position off changed back quicker than the ecu unlocked locked column ( sorry bout the explanation ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as for the other live data readings with regard to the fuel ..the measured injected flow and the injector readings ... how do they look to you ?
i should add , i got someone to crank while i sprayed easy start into the intake , and the car ran , while i did this , i squeezed the hand primer , but it caved in , like a vaccuum ... should that be hard all the time ? once you prime it , should it stay firm untill you for example change the fuel filter and air enters ? or is it normal to feel soft and deflated ?

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
The car ALWAYS beeps regardless of economy mode but i dont think thats your issue your live data readings show NO fuel pressure.

Correction readings are fairy dust ignore them as i said already fuel is your issue you may have put pipes on wrong or something kinked a pipe who knows but you have no fuel

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
reliable , just to clarify ... the immobilizer would hinder the injectors ONLY or the injectors and the pump ? because ive run an actuator test on the diesel cutoff solenoid and it works , also the live data showed the cutoff working as it should . is the pump purely mechanical ? if the engines turning and the pump gear is being rotated as it should , then the pump has to pump diesel to the injectors ...is that correct ? besides the fuel cutoff solenoid , theres no other electrics that would stop diesel being pumped to the injectors ? i tried to tow start the car at 30km/h for at least a km in distance and it still would fire ... would that speed not force the pump to create the 200 bar ? or it wouldnt matter with a bad pump ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry i meant to say i towed it and it still WOULDNT fire .. towed it in all gears with the key turned to on position and obviously clutch out ..still nothing ...not even a hint of fire .

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
i should add , i got someone to crank while i sprayed easy start into the intake , and the car ran , while i did this
Squirting easy start into the intake of a diesel motor, and getting it to run briefly, only really tells you is that the compression in the cylinders is likely ok and that you have no adequate diesel supply to maintain running.

A combination of dynamic compression and temperature is all that is needed to get diesel to detonate. This is what easy start is used for, to get the motor to briefly spin faster so that the dynamic compression increases to aid detonation when the existing combination of temperature/cranking speed are not enough to promote detonation. Towing the vehicle and bump starting achieves the same thing.. faster spinning motor=greater dynamic compression.

You need to figure out why you are not getting diesel to the cylinders. Your live test results suggest your high pressure pump is not performing properly for one or another reason. You need to get least 250bar when cranking or nothing is going to happen. So, either you have a diesel supply issue to the pump [lack of supply and/or air in the supply] or the pump is faulty, or a combination of both. Sort this out FIRST.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WillNz , when the car was running on easy start , I tried to squeeze the hand primer to try get the car running on it's own supply , but the hand primer was soft .. it collapsed like a vacuum, is that normal ? Does that primer bulb go soft or should it always be firm if there is no air present ?

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
As i have said you have no fuel you are looking for an electronic answer you need to go back to basics check your pipework GET FUEL from the pipework then it will go.

your pump CANNOT make any pressure if its not getting any fuel to pressurise.

Remove the feed pipe to the filter prime the primer plenty fuel should come out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reliable , my question about the primer bulb needing to stay firm or whether it goes soft during normal operation related to fuel starvation . If I can get some info on wether my hand primer is acting as it should , then perhaps I can rule out the primer sucking air or a line behind the primer sucking air .. if that bulb should stay firm , then I know at least the problem could be in the tank even .

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
No the bulb wont stay firm but nor should it be under vacuum hence the reason im saying you have no fuel fill a can try feeding it from a can into the filter housing by rigging some pipework if everything engine end is correct it should fire up after it reprimes itself

DO NOT open any injector pipes to bleed it or it will simply stop pumping fuel and give you a 0 pressure reading please tell me this is not the issue :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts