Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..Been following the forum for quite a while now but here's my first post.

We have a 307 an 03 HDI 110 rapier which has decided in the last three weeks to have an ABS problem, which I'm not to worried about, but the real pain began two weeks ago, On a very cold evening I started car, scrapped ice of window and drove home all was fine.
That night it snowed and in the morning car refused to start, so I ignored car for three days.... Then got AA man out, he asked usual questions and next thing car was running, he's used some easy start to get it going and the car did after ten minutes running start again on its own.
Then later I put some diesel in, car started but was a little longer than usual anyway later that day it refused to start, so easy start again and I then found out after using it that when I turned it of and tried a restart immediately it refused to go and has been the same ever since. I've used the car about six times over the last fortnight and every time it needs easy start to get going. I had the codes read at a local garage and all I got told was an intermittent fault at the catalytic convertor, that's it nothing else came up, but I was told to change the fuel pressure sensor on the rail as it was the most likely thing but that was changed on Friday and no better it still wont start.
when its running it goes well, same as always.

Pump in tank buzzes for usual ten.. twenty seconds ....... starter spins fairly quick, also tried with the garage mains charger / starter thing and spins fast but no start

So the question is where do I go from here,

cheers

·
Registered
179 Posts
Maybe a compression test to see if you have a leak. You will not start a diesel (easily) if compression is down on one of the cylinders. They should all be within a fairly close tolerance of each other.

D

·
0 Posts
Get a proper diagnostic check done. Who came to the conclusion that it was the rail pressure sensor?
They would only have known that if they saw that high pressure pump was not making 280bar at cranking to start the engine.
Why not then tell you it was the high pressure pump. Reckon they were guessing!!
It is dead rare for the rail pressure sensor to give trouble. I've seen more wires broken going to the sensor than the sensor failing itself.

Can you give us the codes that you may have got from the ecu? Did someone give you a printout maybe?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi... No codes given only told that Intermitante fault at cat open cicuit...

What I did today was crack open the single injector pipe that feeds the rail and I then cranked engine over and next to no diesel came out, nothing to what i expected ........... so do i have a knackered pump ?

cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts