1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLVED - Non Starter pug 307 2l HDi 110bhp Pics

Hi all
So heres the story of this car
I have done various work to this car before it stopped running. The last thing i did was grind off the suspension rollbar links (Front Passenger side) as the nuts wouldnt budge.

Car has been stood since early febuary and is a very good runner when its running but needed work for mot doing. After I changed the links i started the car and took it for a test drive and it was fine no different than any other time could i have melted something somewhere with the sparks from the grinder. later that day battery was dead (as it always is due to being run) so I opened the door flipped the bonnet and removed the battery. Not knowing anything about the shutdown procedure. I have tried the BSi reset more than enough times with no luck. So I Contacted Trustme who was good enough to get my codes.

So I have the codes tried to pair them to the car but all i get is BSI Blank.
Im getting faults showing PP2000 from the ecu but then i get cant access ecu.
This is the Lexia 3 i bought
My Lexia 3 Bought From The EvilBay

After looking in the engine compartment to check the wiring near the ecu i found this wire does anyone have a clue what its for

Also in the same area was this should i replace it if so whats it called

Thanks for looking hope someone can suggest something
Jason

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
the wire looks like it was wired by the last owner its going into some relay I see. am not sure if they really needed that much wire maybe it was used to power something outside the car I don't know,

if it was me I would be looking to remove it or try and trace to see where the wires are going. have you tried to charge the battery and try to read the ECU from the computer? if the bsi is blank then its lost the codes or memory is wiped I read some where left sitting with a battery and the battery goes really flat they can wipe the data again I only read this online so am not sure if its true or not

·
Registered
15,147 Posts
If you have a towbar that wire and relay may well be the split charging circuit for a caravan and is not an issue

There is no best version of the software some are obsessed with having latest versions others me included just stick with what it comes with they all work fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the driver’s door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition?
Hi Trustme,

No it dosnt the car is also in economy mode aswell.

The button for central locking on the dash is flashing, I cant use the transponder to lock or unlock (i know thats obvious) The drivers window is stuck down and pp dosnt even recognise i have front electric windows. The BSI is reporting itself as blank when i try and put the code into it. I can lock and unlock doors using PP

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Hi Trustme,

No it dosnt the car is also in economy mode aswell.

The button for central locking on the dash is flashing, I cant use the transponder to lock or unlock (i know thats obvious) The drivers window is stuck down and pp dosnt even recognise i have front electric windows. The BSI is reporting itself as blank when i try and put the code into it. I can lock and unlock doors using PP
try go it install a new bsi in planet if it dont let you then the bsi software is corrupt and need to be virginised, i can do this for £25

this is common on 2.0 110 hdi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Trustme I did as you said it accepted codes then I get .... the bsi has not launched the routine start the operation again ... done that about 5 times now

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Looking at the faults, half of them can be cleared temporarily (you'll need to physically fix the problem after the codes are cleared, or they'll come back). The permanent faults aren't ECU related, and the CAN comms problems are related to your braking ECU.

When selecting your vehicle info, make sure you select VAN and not CAN (if it requires you to choose).

None of the codes suggest anything to me that'd cause the car not to start.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Looking at the faults, half of them can be cleared temporarily (you'll need to physically fix the problem after the codes are cleared, or they'll come back). The permanent faults aren't ECU related, and the CAN comms problems are related to your braking ECU.

When selecting your vehicle info, make sure you select VAN and not CAN (if it requires you to choose).

None of the codes suggest anything to me that'd cause the car not to start.
Thank you for your input I will go out again soon and see if i can get them cleared (Just having a brew) Will update after i come back in. Will take a look at the braking ecu and make sure its activated everything that should be.

The car also locked the doors when i opened the drivers door which it has never done before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK Just been back out to the car and the central locking button in the car is working again. Still find it strange how its locking the car doors when i open the drivers door. Doe anyone have a text file for the bsi configuration setting the car is

307 5 DOOR ESTATE 2.0 HDi 110 particle emission filter Manual gearbox 5
The paf is lets say on vacation haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have now solved this.
The only thing I did was go back to bsi setting changed the radio to RD3 and VOILLA it let me reprogramme my key into it.

Thank you everyone that helped on this.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ahh you found the top-secret Peugeot trick!

Now to thread hi-jack a little - whilst it was in bits, I don't suppose you noticed where the split charge relay wires were routed through the car. I want to run some myself but not sure of a good route.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahh you found the top-secret Peugeot trick!

Now to thread hi-jack a little - whilst it was in bits, I don't suppose you noticed where the split charge relay wires were routed through the car. I want to run some myself but not sure of a good route.
Hi,
It came down through the car where the trims vent thing is on the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side then was routed under the carpet trims and dissapeared through a hole in the back seat that was a;ready meant for wiring.

Hope that helps you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts