Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After forced regen i get a message come up saying non regenerated particle emission filter. Does this mean the regen failed?

Also i cant seem to be able to tell my 307 that it has had a new filter fitted.
When i go to the parameters it says the filter is still clogged even though i have now done around 4 regens.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
After forced regen i get a message come up saying non regenerated particle emission filter. Does this mean the regen failed?

Also i cant seem to be able to tell my 307 that it has had a new filter fitted.
When i go to the parameters it says the filter is still clogged even though i have now done around 4 regens.
Had it got dpf fluid in the tank and have you tried taking the filter off and jet washing it also have you checked for any errors like glow plug faults

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I'd hazard a guess that all attempts to regenerate have failed. When you did the regens did it automatically rev the engine to high revs for about 20 mins (can' remember the exact timing). If not then the forced regen has failed. If it has failed it will likely be because there is a permanent fault logged - most likely P1531 which is to do with the glowplugs. The regen needs the glow plugs to be working to complete.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was fluid in the tank yes, and the car did rev at 4000rpm for a few minutes then took a 30second break at idle then a few minutes at 3000rpm. I believe this is the correct amount of time?
The first time i tried to perform a regen lots of white smoke came out so i presumed it had worked. Every attempt at regen since has had significantly less smoke.
I also reset the fluid counter and it has rose since my attempted regens?

i do have a pre/post heating circuit fault so that will be the glow plugs then?
To fix this do the glow plugs need replaced or something else?
I have now taken the filter off twice and the first time cleaned with caustic soda and the second just passed water through.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have also discovered a map sensor fault yesterday if this would affect it at all?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Sounds like the regen worked from your description. The pre-post heating circuit fault has appeared on every diesel I have ran a diagnostic on and have read that it is a false error due to the interface being a clone so it is possible that nothing is wrong with the glowplugs or the relay. If there was a genuine fault then it's unlikely you would have had the results you got.

What does the diagnostic show the differential pressure as ?
Where are you trying to tell the ecu that the filter has been replaced ?

It's a long while since I tried to do a forced regen which did fail. PP2000 immediately flagged up that the regen wasn't possible and no high revs. The car did have some genuine faults though which we found out would prevent a regen.

Have you reied a normal regen by taking it for a blast down the motorway ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Differential pressure is 47.1mb at tickover and 64.7mb at 3000rpm

Ive just noticed that i have a differential pressure fault registering after i did a global test?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i havent tried it down the motorway yet, how long a journey would i need to complete a regen on the motorway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts