Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a tuning file from hdi tuning after two other tuning files gave me big problems, after i installed the hdi file everything is fine but i notice there is alot more noize after i removed the catalytic converter and im thinking about putting on a silencer.

I wonder if anyone else has tried and what kind of silencer is best, i want too put it in the middle of the exhaust pipe so i get down the noize level inside my car.
I have a local shop that sells silencer and they got two types one with hole straight through and the other got a piece in the middle with four tracks and i wonder whats the best option but i can buy from ebay if someone know of a good one.

Hope someone can help, i also wonder if anyone know where they sell the dpf delete pipe for 1.6hdi i really want one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it could be it was very noticeable after i removed the cat from the box, i think i will look for a delete pipe or make one bye cutting off the connectors on the dpf/cat box.
Im still thinking off adding a silencer because i like to keep the noize level down, thank you for the help :)

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I bought a tuning file from hdi tuning after two other tuning files gave me big problems, after i installed the hdi file everything is fine but i notice there is alot more noize after i removed the catalytic converter and im thinking about putting on a silencer.

I wonder if anyone else has tried and what kind of silencer is best, i want too put it in the middle of the exhaust pipe so i get down the noize level inside my car.
I have a local shop that sells silencer and they got two types one with hole straight through and the other got a piece in the middle with four tracks and i wonder whats the best option but i can buy from ebay if someone know of a good one.

Hope someone can help, i also wonder if anyone know where they sell the dpf delete pipe for 1.6hdi i really want one.
i would not fit a dpf delete pipe as you will fail mot and what happens if your in a crash or you get pulled and inspected at road side

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In Norway nothing would happen they would never check if it has a delete pipe or understand that something was different at a road test, in our MOT the have gas test but its only 3 gas analysis and it does not affect my current setup.

I work in a garage and the gas analysis is only done if cars smoke alot, got engine light or rough idle, i would never need a gas test because i can do my own mot test and it will be checked bye another worker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts