Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi i have a peugeot 307 1.6 rapier and when driving in any gear it makes a whirling noise but stops once clutch is down.... goes in gear fine

Any1 know if this is the clutch or gearbox?

Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi i have a peugeot 307 1.6 rapier and when driving in any gear it makes a whirling noise but stops once clutch is down.... goes in gear fine

Thanks
Most likely flywheel is on way out. New clutch is coming your way so get saving

D

·
0 Posts
Thats a clutch release bearing failing description. I'm taking it that your car is petrol so it won't be a flywheel problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a clutch release bearing failing description. I'm taking it that your car is petrol so it won't be a flywheel problem.

Yes it is the petrol 1.6. I have just had the clutch replaced today and the noise is still there, i have noticed that the noise goes away when clutch pedal is down or in neutral but noisy in all gears. Im guessing this is the gearbox problem but i just want the noise to go away as it goes in to gear fine.

Any1 know of any cheap way i can sort this without replacing the gearbox?

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts

Thanks

Hi buddy,
i have the same issue on my Petrol engine 1.6 307 & thought its the clutch bearing but you have cleared that its not !

sounds like a knocking !
did you fixed it ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi buddy,
i have the same issue on my Petrol engine 1.6 307 & thought its the clutch bearing but you have cleared that its not !

sounds like a knocking !
did you fixed it ?
hi no havnt done it yet but defo the gearbox, makes sense now as the noise is only there when in gear but not when clutch is down or in neutral...found out itss a common problem on the phase 1 307's and the bearings in the gearbox wear out or something lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi no havnt done it yet but defo the gearbox, makes sense now as the noise is only there when in gear but not when clutch is down or in neutral...found out itss a common problem on the phase 1 307's and the bearings in the gearbox wear out or something lol

hm! as i did a turbo conversion on my 307 and upgraded with a very strong clutch kit with a light weight billet steel flywheel i thought it's because of that but since you have a stock engine & we both still have the same issue i become to realize that i have a problem :eek::confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
hm! as i did a turbo conversion on my 307 and upgraded with a very strong clutch kit with a light weight billet steel flywheel i thought it's because of that but since you have a stock engine & we both still have the same issue i become to realize that i have a problem :eek::confused:
this sound is really annoying :(
i felt it more today when i give it a bit throttle that sound becomes louder you'll feel it also when you put your hand on the rocker cover .. mostly i can say it could be the release bearing ,, because i guess it's only the release bearing which lift when you push the clutch

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had the same issue once I changed the clutch and realised it was the gearbox at fault turned out to be bearing in gearbox the one close to the transmission sump got a new box and took the old one apart to learn about it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had the same issue once I changed the clutch and realised it was the gearbox at fault turned out to be bearing in gearbox the one close to the transmission sump got a new box and took the old one apart to learn about it.

I have changed my gearbox too when I broke one a month back don't really remember if there was a noise and I didn't catch that

·
Registered
169 Posts

The input shaft bearing is an age-old weaknes on this type of box. It's not too difficult to change without throwing away the box.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts