Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 1.4 307... when ever i drive it, the cabin seems nosier than it should be, it seems to be road noise aswell. any help? thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Are your tyres on the correct way?

Going against the rotation of the treads can cause an increase in noise!

Failing that just give the road a good telling off and tell it to behave and be quiet! :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Check the front door seals, about where you would rub your shoulder on them when getting in and out. They may have frayed.

C

·
0 Posts
Replace those tyres with new quality boots inflated to the correct pressures. Avon ZV5s are quite and perform well.

Budget tyres stop your car from running on its rims, but that's it. They don't perform, wear out quickly and are noisy.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Im the same. My cabin is noisy. My problem is the engine bay needs extra soundproofing along with the door cards.

Also need to sort out my ratly tailgate, think its the parcel shelf speakers though.

Anyone know where to buy cheap soundproofing....quite dear so it is

·
Registered
406 Posts
The noise in mine was reduced significantly after i replaced the tyres wth some decent rubber. As for rattles from boot areas-OMG , i had one for months and could not suss it out. It drove me crazy and so one day i made my son sit in the boot and find it. Turned out to be the plastic trim covering the insde of the boot lid. Replaced all the plastic fasteners to no effect and eventually sealed around the edge with silicone-JOB DONE!!!!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts