Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Not had my 407 2.0 hdi long and i am just going threw it making sure its sound and serviced. I like to use haynes manuals but with one not out yet for this car ,i am waiting for a disc pack to come which i brought off ebay.
I have noticed a buzzing sound that the engine makes for 8-10 seconds when you turn the engine off after a run. Is this normal or is there something wrong.
Its a lovely car but after reading through some of this forum, it seems to have a lot of faults. Luckly its not long had a new dual mass flywheel, clutch, battery, and starter motor. Little worried about the system that cleans the exhaust fumes, not sure what it is or what serving is involved.

J

·
0 Posts
What type of noise is it, and where is it coming from? i.e. inside the car, or from under the bonnet? Mine makes a noise after switched off when it closes the heater flaps, and if you're outside the car, you can hear (what I believe) the diesel pump releasing pressure.

I've just written up how the DPF works in the General Discussion section - see the post about buying a 407SW :thumb:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type of noise is it, and where is it coming from? i.e. inside the car, or from under the bonnet? Mine makes a noise after switched off when it closes the heater flaps, and if you're outside the car, you can hear (what I believe) the diesel pump releasing pressure.

I've just written up how the DPF works in the General Discussion section - see the post about buying a 407SW :thumb:
:)Its from the engine bay, you can hear it when you get out the car, like a buzzing noise. Will check out the buying thread.Thanks

·
5,040 Posts
Its the force-field setting itself :lol::lol:
seriously tho its just all the flaps closing to keep the interior fresher(i think)
after the work thats been done on your car most of the faults have been dealt with and dont worry about the dpf acouple of hundred quid will sort any issues with it including replacing the filter

Peugeot 407 2.0HDi 04-06 New Diesel Particulate Filter DPF OE QUALITY | eBay

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the force-field setting itself :lol::lol:
seriously tho its just all the flaps closing to keep the interior fresher(i think)
after the work thats been done on your car most of the faults have been dealt with and dont worry about the dpf acouple of hundred quid will sort any issues with it including replacing the filter

Peugeot 407 2.0HDi 04-06 New Diesel Particulate Filter DPF OE QUALITY | eBay
:)Cheers for that, even tho mine has done 143k i am not too worried because i had a ex taxi peugeot once with 300k that never let me down. Its a nice car to drive.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts