Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, noob here!

Had my 308 for just over a month and around 1100 miles in. As per the title its a 308 SW 2.0 BlueHDi GT-Line Auto first registered in April 2017 with 12000 miles on the clock. I'm already very fond of it and there's literally nothing about it that annoys me...except one thing.

There is a constant noise, sounds like its coming from the front, most noticeable from around 25mph upwards. Hard to describe but maybe sounds like a wearing/rubbing noise or possibly a very fast constant rattle, higher pitched than what I hear as road noise. It's all I hear on anything other than a short trip.

I initially thought it might be a wheel bearing but didn't seem loud enough. Took it to the dealer who listened then diagnosed the brake pads "glazing" so it went in and had its brakes cleaned. No effect on the noise; it's still there.
Took it in again. This time they found a TSB that highlighted an issue I didn't know I had which they addressed. Still got the noise however.

On discussing it with them it appears they don't hear the noise I hear. I have pin sharp hearing which makes up for being half blind and I am (annoyingly) tuned in to NVH issues. They reckon it might be tyre noise or wind noise. The car is shod with the original (I guess) Michelin PilotSport3 225/40R18 tyres, which at 71db are possibly not the quietest.

Anyone got any ideas? The tyres have 4mm on them so i'm reluctant to swap immediately but i'd do it in a second if I thought it would help. Might get some wind deflectors just to try that out too.

Thanks for any advice and apologies for the War and Peace first post!

Steve.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats exactly the same as mine (2.0 150 Hdi) its got a fair bit of movement in it but I have never noticed it banging or knocking.
:thumb:

Strange, it really looks like something should be there. I have secured it as a test and ruled it out of being the cause of the noise. Think its the brake pads/discs or the tyres (Michelin PS3).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same noise
I have wind deflectors on
Brand new discs and pads I fitted (correctly)
Brand new tyres all around Uniroyal Rainsport 3
Ah so even with new pads/discs/tyres your noise persisted? That's annoying.
Tbh I didn't expect the wind deflectors to make any difference. As one method I use to mitigate the irritating noise is driving with the window down they will likely make the situation worse :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts