Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Well at last I am getting my 307 1.6hdi 110 bhp sorted felt as if I never was going to get there lol

What is puzzling me is a noise o/s/f area it happens when under load or over run not on cornering, don't think it's bearing, track rods, tire or driveshaft it had new alternator and aircon compressor

Thought of timing belt tensioner s don't think it's that it just sounds a bit like a vibration something hitting tapping something very quickly. No creak or bang noise wondered about the cat maybe breaking up inside never heard one go before

Hoping someone has had this sort of issue and can offer a few ideas please.

Cheers

Allan

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone had the large front of engine heat shield on the dpf loose if so what kind of sound does that make please. Looks as if it should fasten in five spots mine is only two spots. Do you know if it can be changed without removing the radiator

Cheers

Allan

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, the part that holds it on the manifold has split on my car if I tap it it rattles on the dpf case was hoping that was the noise lol

Going to investigate this week end check for loose noisy bits must be something adrift

Allan

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've been living with an annoying rattle for the past few weeks. I had checked everything more than once. In fact as there was sign of wear I'd gone thr ough the process of replacing ARB bushes (paying attention to the known bracket issue) drop links, strut top bearings & mounts etc.

In the end I went to a local national tyre place - they had it up on ramps n rattle plates for around an hour and could only guess it was either faulty top mounts (just replaced) or struts themselves.

Sourced a couple of new genuine struts a t a good price and replaced those - double checking the new mounts at the same time.

Rattle still there!

Finally tracked it down to the inner front brake pads rattling in caliper! As a temp fix I've bent clips out a little but a set of Mintex are going on to replace the cheap pads that were on when I bought it.

If you've checked all the suspension over and you've still got your rattle its worth checking the inner pads! That is if it uses the same type as the 136 HDI

·
Registered
548 Posts
It was the last thing I thought it would be - after all I was told it had just had new discs and pads for MOT before I bought it - rattle didn't start until a few weeks after.

Yeah its cost a bit to sort they way I've gone about it, but TBH now I know its all sorted for the next 30k. Struts were a bargain coming in at under £50 for the pair all in. Drop links needed doing anyway so I've gone with Meyle HD items as they are an uprated version with 4yr warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts