Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

First problem i've had on me second hand 307 2.0 hdi 90bhp since i got it 12 months ago.
A couple of weeks ago i started to hear a slight scraping kind of noise and a little vibration on the brake pedal, gradually getting worse.
Took car to a friend of mine today, who i normally use to do any work on car for me, who said after looking into problem that it could do with new pads and disc's.
I thought the same as thinking this is normally the case with vibration, (warped disc)?
Anyways after he replaced parts he said that the problem is still there. made no difference to noise or vibration. Meaning he still has the car.
He is no Peugeot expert, neither am i.

So what i'm asking is has anyone ever had a problem like this, even after replacing disc's and pads.

really could do with some help on this one.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi Rog,

Had a front bearing on my motor replaced. The car went fine, the first inkling that anything was wrong, was a droning sound when I exceeded a particular speed. Below 45 ish all was quiet, and this was at 95k.

Pop into your local tyre place and ask them to check the bearings - front and back.

On the back, some 307's have the bearing built into the brake disc - as the front have been replaced - this suggests that the problem may lie with the rear brakes.

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rog,

Had a front bearing on my motor replaced. The car went fine, the first inkling that anything was wrong, was a droning sound when I exceeded a particular speed. Below 45 ish all was quiet, and this was at 95k.

Pop into your local tyre place and ask them to check the bearings - front and back.

On the back, some 307's have the bearing built into the brake disc - as the front have been replaced - this suggests that the problem may lie with the rear brakes.

Let us know what happens.
Thanks clanless for suggestions.
This may take a few days to get checked out, so will update you on progress soon.
The noise does seem to be from the front left though?

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
11,766 Posts
Yep, sounds like ABS to me as well. Considering its a 307 I'd put money on it being the back sensor mounts.

My first 307 did this and there were no ABS warnings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back with update.

Turned out to be left side rear ABS sensor.
Took this long to reply as have had no time to work on car as using it for work.
Spent the weekend checking over ABS sensors using link to thread http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...s-fault-24260/
So big thanks to holt and gibbo for advice about ABS.
Whilst back wheels were off decided to do rear brakes and disc's to, needed doing soon anyways. MOT coming up. Also done front wheel bearings.

Thanks all for advice. So helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
stu

having a problem no light on abs new discs + pads front and back back with bearing in. great for 2 weeks now breaking at 35+ very bad vibration in pedal and steering wheel its a peugeot 307 1.4 petrol and its 2005 need help thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts