Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I have a 307 hdi for the last 3 years its need nocking and rattleing at the front end now getting worse passed all last 3 mots as couldent find any play in the front end joints I now going to check it again as mot due in 2 weeks the clonk/rattle noise is loud and u feel it through the whole car if you lift clutch up half way and hold the car on the handbrake it realy does rattle anybody had this problem before will update on what I find with the joints later today but like I say been like it 3 years and can not find the fault so thought I may benefit from posting it on here any advice on what issues these cars have may just point me in the right direction :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi gibbo I been reading the other post u in regarding engine mounts and yes sounds the same checked today and all ball joints steering joints and other bushes no free play at all but engine shakes when u lift up the clutch with it in gear so will just have to do them cheers for the info :thumb:

·
5,631 Posts
I got through 2 MOT's with a very very knackered lower ball joint. Eventually found it and replaced them both.
I had a similar experience had a off-side knock for over a year and could not trace it and passed MOT with no issues. I found off side lower ball joint with the weight off the wheel (As MOT) no play,with the wheel on the ground about 2mm of play in joint where the joint was knackered

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks rocky and windy all I can find it engine shakes like mad so I have read the other posts on the site and it says about engine mount upgrades so have ordered the lower mount upgrade as this is were most of the movement is I will change it and update this post with results when it done and as far a nocking balljoints I checked it on the jack so I will recheck with it sitting on the floor thank you for the info :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thumb: upgraded rear bottom engine mount and its 95% better a smoother ride no judder and very few clonks lol well worth it :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts