Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. Think it's in the right section.
I have the 2.0 Diesel engine which I think is in the 307 models known as the hdi.
On these engines are 2 vacuum sensors or switches one on the right side of block and one underneath the alternator.

Took my car to a garage and had a egr fitted when I collected it the guy said I have no vacuum coming from the sensor underneath the alternator which controls the anti shudder valve. I know this isn't working as the car shakes when I switch off. Anyway he told me I needed a new part and wasn't paying £108 from fords for one so got one of the bay of E £30 bargain brand new. Fitted it and still nothing. I'm getting voltage from the switch but still no vacuum. Now do the two units do the same thing can they be swopped around ? I've searched the World Wide Web and found similar problems but I need pipe diagram if possible.

Can anyone help?? Pleassseeeee.
Thanks

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
If you have no vac you need to start at the pump as this is where the vac comes from you just need to test with a vac gauge all the pipework to see where its being lost

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anti shudder valve is like a butterfly that sits just before the inlet and closes on switch of. It prevents air being drawn in to the valves. When I start up there is air in the valves causing the car to shudder and then stalls. Once the air has been pushed out it will start up as normal.

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
The anti shudder valve is designed to close when turned off to make the engine stop quicker it wont cause what you are describing quite a lot of cars run fine with them not working it just takes a little longer to stop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The anti shudder valve is designed to close when turned off to make the engine stop quicker it wont cause what you are describing quite a lot of cars run fine with them not working it just takes a little longer to stop.
What do you mean designs to make the engine stop quicker?? It's to prevent air being drawn in to the valves which highlights the problem I'm having when I start up. Air in valves causes it to stall. They don't work when driving it's not there purpose. My car runs fine it's the switch off I have a problem with!

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Exactly you have a problem with switch off as when you switch off the valve closes to make the engine stop quicker it does this by blocking airflow into inlet effectively starving the engine of air so stalling it .
Its nothing to do with valves and certainly wont affect start up unless its stuck closed.

look up dozer or doser valve.

Engine Valves open and close to let air in and out of the engine that is what they are designed to do i do not understand what you mean by air in the valves but whoever told you that is ill informed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have a problem with switching off, I have problem with vacuum or the lack of it.

I'll change the word valve to cylinders.

Not only is it written, ford technical help line told me as well as the ford mechanic that told me I have no vacuum!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts