Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 Plate HDi 110 RHS Engine

Had intermittent boost for a while then a few days ago nothing. Then fault codes.

Connected it up to PP2000 today

Read codes:

P1425 refers to the downstream cat/FAP temperature sensor:
P0101 mass air flow volume
P0235 Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Malfunction
P0246 turbo pressure, turbo pressure measured too low

Along with this the turbo pressure reading stayed at 1035 -/+ 100 mbar whereas the reference value was free flowing between 1200 - 2000mbar

The top intercooler hose doesnt flair out when squeezed and revved, but there is suction when removed and hand placed over it.

It doesn't even drive to what i would expect from a 2l non turbo engine, it's really hesitant.

The other thing is there sometimes seems to be a "popping" like wrc cars when they block their wastegate.

Anyone got any ideas i can try or tests i can perform to narrow down root cause?

Thanks

Rhys

Have tried removing MAF but no difference.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took apart the egr butterfly on the inlet and it seems there is no movement in the flap and no suction coming from the vacuum pipe connected to it.

AutoData points this towards the control solenoid ( 06 1628 ZT 04 ELECTRO VALVECONNECTOR PLATED ).

The pipe goes to the top left electrovalve, which i believe is an egr solenoid. Would this cause the lack of power and no turbo pressure?

I just want to rule out anything i can test/clean to make sure before shelling out money left, right and centre.

Also does anyone know how to export data from live sessions in planet? There is such a lot to learn about planet and i cant find an idiots guide anywhere lol...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really surprised at the lack of response here but i guess people have just been busy.

I swapped an electro control valve from my Citroen C5 to replace the turbo pressure electro control valve and Voila turbo pressure now corresponds with reference values.

So part number 1628ZT from Peugeot on Monday and all should be well. Circa £50 inclusive.

Planet has made this job so much easier with live data, well invested I think. I imagine with diagnostics, parts and labour a garage bill would have probably been in excess of £200 for this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts