Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys - how come there is no trip computer on my peugeot 307 1.6 HDs S 110 bhp model...its a 2005 model ?....can i add one ?...i read the review and description on autotrader and it says it has a trip computer. obviously mine hasnt, nothing on the end of the wiper stalk ..

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
you have come to the right place. if there is no button on the end of the stalk (will have 2 small arrows aswell) then you dont have it...but you can retrofit one...there is a guide on here

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9138&highlight=trip+computer#

you will need to check if yours is ribbon or pcb stalk...pull the end off the wiper stalk off, gently and if there is a ribbon, its a lot more difficult...but if you have a pcb (green circlular chip board) then its alot easier.

for pcb - you will need to find/buy a button to clip on the end of the current stalk

peugeot planet - to activate it.

for ribbon - tbh i dont have a foggy :lol:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
If it has a ribbon down the middle of the stalk it is just as easy (we found a way) check first and if it has let us know and i`ll tell you how.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys...will have a look in the morning....i hope its a pcb type...:lol:..will i need additional hardware to connect to peugeot planet ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bettyswollocks said:
All you need is peugeot planet.:thumb:
er ok, but what exactly is peugeot planet ?....is it some kind of software ?..im assuming ill need some kind of kit to connect...where do i get it from ?.....if its too expensive then i suppose its not worth bothering to have the trip computer installed.....just to tell me ive got a certain amount of fuel left and how much miles i have got left...etc:lol:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Yeah Peugeot diagnostic system roughly £130 , if you know anyone near you with it they can do it for a small fee , ask on here to see if any of our members are close by, you can`t do it without it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bettyswollocks said:
If it has a ribbon down the middle of the stalk it is just as easy (we found a way) check first and if it has let us know and i`ll tell you how.
ok popped it off this morning and it is a ribbon type...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what is that ?..where do i get that from ?...since i removed the end of the wiper arm thing, my rear wash m wipe has stopped working?..:confused: ...and no, i didnt pull the ribbon cable off or pulled it...weird that, is there a fuse for this ?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
when you pulled it off you may have moved a metal ring connector, its a pain in the ass, but you gotta take the end off again, make sure all the bits are in the right place and it should work

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pretty sure i put it back correctly cos it will only fit in a particular position..the bit you take off has a raised bit that fits into a notch that is cut out on the arm that is fixed....there are no metal contacts that i can see just the ribbon that runs deep into both sides....

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hmmm.... i can remember fecking about with a ribbon stalk before and when i pulled it to peices i found that when you take the end off it normally knocks the contact bit out as alsorts hold it from the other end etc. also 2 little metal bit on springs also pop out, which helps twist and return the end of the stalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i couldnt see anything, regarding contacts or metal bits, im assuming you mean dismantling the end bit that twist to turn on the rear wiper and a further twist to turn on the wash...im not gonna gonna feck it up completely, think ill leave the idea of a trip computer..need to get the rear wash wipe sorted...:(

1 - 20 of 51 Posts