1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bought a used car a week ago :)

PEUGEOT 407 Diesel 1.6 HDI 2006
VIN: VF36E9HZC21492107

there where sounds at idle which probably should not be there.

so I unscrewed the steering wheel reservoir cap cause there where liquid underneath the reservoir and... I could not figure out how to measure how much Servo oil should be inside :confused:
no dip stick on the cap, and no oil, just a filter i guess.
the instruction manual just refereed to the dip stick on the cap:mad:

unlike everything i managed to find on the web, this reservoir is just a plain reservoir and not a servo pump, cause it's just plastic with 2 tubes..

Servo oil type is Total Fluid DA fully synthetic.

can someone point me in the right direction on how i can see if i need more servo oil or if it's enough?
my apologies if this is a dumb question tho...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has the dipstick broken off. You could try a scrap yard for top with the dipstick on.
hi :) naah see picture, I still can't figure out how much to fill or if it needs filling.
there is probably something basic \ obvious i'm missing xD

·
3,035 Posts
Hi,,,,just had a look at mine (2007 2.0swgt)and the cap has a green dipstick....the oil level is correct when the oil is just up the neck of the filler,so about 4 inches from the top...if that helps

·
5,071 Posts
1.6 doesnt have electric steering pump so no dipstick. Is there no marks around the outside of the reservoir ??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1.6 doesnt have electric steering pump so no dipstick. Is there no marks around the outside of the reservoir ??

i wanted the dealer to see leakage traces, so didn't want to wash it. but i looked on top and front and side no indicator I could spot on site. and ofc. the reservoir is solid black.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all help guys!!
I ended up just filling until i could see the liquid started elevating.

I settled for that, as it was the only thing to do anyways.
noise dissipated and fluid level remained same after some steering cycles.

i'd consider this closed tho.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts