Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,im new to this forum and i have given up hope for my 307 hdi 54reg please help. I bought the car october 08 and have had no end of problems, first of all i've had a new PEF fitted even though the cars only done 55,000 miles, also 2 diagnostics 1 ECU reset, and i still have the orignal problem what i went in for, Im booked in at a dealer for tomorow and i am worried they will still not find the problem as there are no engine codes showing up and no lights on the dash. The problem is only intermitant the car when pulling off in first gear struggles to move and sometimes stalls if im lucky after say 3-4 seconds it will pick up and pull off ok. Another problem which may be related is when im cruising at about 40mph i can feel the car pulling, this can be quite dangerous especially when it stalls at busy junctions and traffic lights. ive spoken to peugeot and they are still scratching there heads on what the problem is beacause there are no codes to work off. HELP

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
could be , don`t think the turbo throws up any fault codes, could be a sticking wastegate on the turbo , do you feel the turbo kicking in ?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
do you not get more of a turbo kick in 2nd around the 1900rpm, feel it putting you back in the seat, then again in 3rd?
what i`m trying to say is yes you take of in 1st but do you find the turbo kicking better in 2nd and 3rd,
trying to relate your problem to turbo or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Definately, 2nd and 3rd is much better, but 1st is on the point of stalling,with no power. Only Intermittant.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
hate to have it against the cats at the minute but could be blocked, in low gears you`re trying to force more exhaust fumes through it than higher gears.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Read around the subject on the MAF sensor - or MAP sensor (depending which you have)
Classic problems are no power on acceleration, bad idle and kangerooing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having power problems with my peugeot expert. When going up the hill it looses power. It can't go up even in the 1st gear. The engine management light also comes on. I've been to many garages and spent alot of money but noone can solve the problem. If anyone can help me please let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.