Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i bought a 307 2.0 hdi 16v xsi 136 bhp around 2 weeks ago. its always seemed a bit on the 'rattly' side but i just presumed this was normal as before i owned the 110bhp d turbo model (different engine).

when i set off this morning there was a lack of power and the engine seemed really noisy. it will tick over fine and rev up fine when not in gear, but when i set off theres hardly any power at all. when i turned it off then re started it up the power was back but still noisy.

I took it to work and got these fault codes: P1351, P0409, P1598, P2562.

i would really appreciate any help asap as i dont really know alot about these 16v engines.

Thankyou in advance

lee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had a look at this 'doser valve' after doing some reasearch on this forum and its wide open when car is cold (1st thing in morning) am i heading in the right direction or do i need to take it to dealers? Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now the car is 'purdging' at around 1500 rpm and after reading alot of problems with the turbo repeat sensor, im thinking this sounds like my problem :( if this has to be replaced, what sort of job is it to do and set up? Im blanking the EGR off this weekend and getting DPF Taken out and mapped. Fingers crossed this cures my problem but if not i may have to find someone with planet to get some readings off repeat sensor. will keep updated next week.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Where is the noise coming from it could be worn rockers/timing chain the engine should be no noisier than the 8 valve

doser valve is open most of the time regardless of temperature

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Now the car is 'purdging' at around 1500 rpm and after reading alot of problems with the turbo repeat sensor, im thinking this sounds like my problem :( if this has to be replaced, what sort of job is it to do and set up? Im blanking the EGR off this weekend and getting DPF Taken out and mapped. Fingers crossed this cures my problem but if not i may have to find someone with planet to get some readings off repeat sensor. will keep updated next week.

Thanks
hello, if i remember correct then the 2.0 136bhp engine, if blanking the egr there is also a valve on the air intake that needs to be removed as this works with the egr it restricts fresh air so the car uses the egr better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts