Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me this is very URGENT....

307, 2003, 1.4, 8v, manual

I just had a weird problem with my car today. I installed a new O2 sensors and I wanted to reset the ECU.
I disconnected both battery terminals the + and -. I then waited for about 30-35 min, then I reconnected the terminals + first then the -.
I putted my key in switch and opened it but no electricity at all, nothing appears on the dashboard or any other parts of the car that indicates that there's any power.

What I noticed is that when the driver door is opened I hear clicking sound comes out of the BSI unit. This sound is vanished if I closed the door or I open the switch.

I want to try the BSI resetting procedure "http://www.petercoopercarrepairs.co.uk/peugeot_bsi_reboot_procedure.htm" but I have no power to open the windows.

The battery is in a very good condition it was installed 5 months ago, the indicator still green, and the voltage is about 12.5 V

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Ok, if you can't open the window, enlist a helper. All he/she has to do is sit in the car with the doors shut whilst you perform the reboot procedure. When you reach the stage of switching the sidelights on, give a signal for the helper to do that. After that, they can get out of the car.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
as above try bsi reset if that dont work you could have spiked the bsi if you have not waited 5 mins with bonnet up, keys out doors shut and everything off before disconnecting battery

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
Check your connections again and for future reference there is no need to disconnect both just 1 is fine.

You probably do not have a good connection on 1 of the terminals as even if you had upset the BSI you would get some power.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello all

thanks for answering.

And yes OMG I think I spiked the BSI :(((((((. I did the reset procedure and I could see some warnings and the dashboard light when I activated the sidelights. But when I opened the switch everything is gone and car couldn't be started..

I know battery is fine, terminals are good, connections are all good, fuses no problems. I assume I spiked...

What to do now !!!!!! what you suggest me guys??????:nono:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm sure one of the more experienced pug guys could confirm but if the BSI is corrupted totally does it not fail to give it's software ident etc when PP is connected to it? If so see if you can get someone to try it.
I guess the next step and probably the cheapest would be to send it to BBA for test. I'm guessing if it is corrupt they couldn't copy your settings so it would need programming on install if reset

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Smecat

I have asked around here and some people suggest that it might be the starter motor. what do you think?.

·
Registered
195 Posts
here's a thought: have you tried unplugging the BSI itself? i had a similar issue recently and un and plugging the battery done nothing.
i dont know where the BSI is in your model but in mine it was underneath the fusebox in the glovebox. i unplugged and replugged all of those after five or ten minutes and everything went back to normal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dear Mighty

Yes I did tried to do that. Also did try to remove and reinsert all fuses but still no joy...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Starter motor wouldn't cause everything to be dead.
Flat battery would, starter would flatten it.
Battery charge 100% good, sure?
Does nothing at all work in any way?
No warnings, lights dash horn windows?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dear smecat

When I open and close the rear door behind the driver door power gets to the distance meter, CD player, interior light. Again if I opened the switch the power is gone again.

Same thing happens if I activated the sidelights.

Same thing also happens if oress the horn the sound is intermittent and choky but it sends signal to power the things I mentioned above.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Make sure your battery terminals are clean and check the voltage on the battery and on the battery leads when you turn on the interior lights or press the horn. BSI is a possibility of course but a lead acid battery voltage will float even if failed but will drop right off if loaded.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey

I will try and check all cables again :'(...

Other suggestions I read on the web proposing that only the key has been wiped out!!!.

Help me pugs expertssss...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Of course if you've tried everything you can the only guaranteed help on a fast timescale will be the help you pay for!
Find a good pug garage...

·
Registered
195 Posts
When my bsi started playing up, the bsi wouldnt talk to any of the other systems the key couldn't be read...so the immobiliser disabled the injectors, it would crank but wouldn't fire. This is why I mentioned unplugging all of the systems going into the bsi. Of course nearly all electrical systems use capacitors so it can take a while for the circuit, and faults to drain from the memory completely.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you Mighty

So I eliminate the key as the car doesn't even crank..

I end up with either

Faulty starter motor.
Faulty BSI.

Is there anyway to eliminate the starter motor possibility should I just disconnect its wire and check if I could have power if I opened the switch?.

·
Registered
195 Posts
In days of old long before everything was ECU driven and maintained...people spoke of hitting starter motors with hammers to unsieze them. I guess bump starting the car is out the question?
This could serve to rule out wether it's the more expensive part that's failed, the BSI

1 - 20 of 34 Posts