Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We bought this car not so long ago, and we have taken it apart, changed the valves as there was some bent ones, changed the cam belt, had the head skimmed and pressured. We THINK that the chain and belt are timed correctly (according to Autodata). The issue we have now is that the engine knocks when idle and gets worse when hitting 2,000 - 3,000 revs, and we live up a steep-ish hill and when going up the car has hardly any power at all. A transit van would leave it for dust, now there is something seriously wrong.

Hope you guys can help us diagnose this issue, thanks. :confused:

(Car is a 207, 1.6D turbo HDI)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't you mean knock :)

Sounds like a timing or injector issue to me
We thought we timed it correctly, but noticed the actual sprocket isn't keyed on and moves around, only held on by pressure, is there a way to find out exactly where the original location is meant to be?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Top and bottom sprockets are keyed and are pinned to align them. The bottom keyway should be aligned horizontally and the top pinned at about 215 degress after vertical if you get my drift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry mate, I think you missed the point but we think we have sorted it, we looked at the cam shaft and the lobes on the shaft moved and smashed the tensioner. We have got a new head from ebay, fitted it wel still fitting, just hoping it works :) and we fixed the old one based on the new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts