Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... Ivé just discovered this forum on the net. Ivé got a small problem. I swapped the original RD4 Stereo unit for a more modern 2 DIN JVC unit. Everything went well, a new Quadlock adaptor was fitted including an arial adaptor fron Fakar to Iso 0,5. it works. Ok i know that without VAN-Bus it wont react to the steering wheel controls, thats ok... what bothers me is the fact that the PDC (reverse warning) doesn´t make a sound now. i realise that the audible signal runs over the RD4 unit, cant work out which cable. is there an easy way to get my new unit to react to reverse gear or do I need a sperate speaker, even an after market PDC to cure this problem.
I appologise for my ignorance. My name is Jeremy and I live in Germany (ex military). I drive a 307 SW from 2005. Most people would say... Hey its got CAN Bus...
no it hasn`t. It was one of the last that were produced before the change from VAN to CAN. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I hope that someone out there can give me a tip how to get around this. I dont really want to install a new module and all the rest. I might just say that my electrical capabilities are not exactly tesla level so it needs to be relatively simple. I was trained as a grease monkey but back in the seventies...long time ago.
Thanks again and look forward to hearing from people that have expierienced similar problems........

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
You wont be able to make your reversing sensors work as they are integrated into the radio via the network twisted pair going into the connector this also sends the display signals and makes the steering controls work can van whatever you want to call it it IS networked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.... It looks like I´ll have to try an after-market set up or try a VAN controller. Any way thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I´ve sorted it. Got a " Connects2 CTKPE04 " VAN module from Car Audio Security in London. Easy programming over an App. Works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts