Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, first time posting, fairly long time lurker.
I have a 2017 3008, and I have always found new updates in the iOS app by hitting "Vehicle/Cars touchscreen" (my app is in Swedish, so I had to guess on the translation, sorry). When I hit that, I see that there is a 2019-07-02 update, but I have already run that. I have installed it to my car.
Questions:
1. Why does it show up still? Is it because there is no newer RCC update for me to download? Or is it because the update was not installed correctly somehow, but the car did not let me know about that? Or is it because the app somehow has not gotten the notification from the car that there is a new version installed?
2. What is the difference between RCC and SWL? In the forum I found a thread which said there was a new update from 2020 that I could download from their link. When I unpacked that .tar file, it did not contain a RCC-folder which I am used to. Instead it had a SWL folder. Is it safe to use the SWL folder even though I do not have the navigation package. I use carplay to navigate instead :)

The reason why I would like to update is because the entire infotainment unit (RCC?) is crashing (I assume, it reboots) every 1 minute or so when I have bluetooth connected to it from my iPhone. As soon as I disable bluetooth on my phone, or make sure the phone is not connected via bluetooth (by unpairing), then it does not constantly reboots/crash. It is very frustrating.

·
Registered
691 Posts
1) Both the MyPeugeot App and the PEUGEOT Navigation Map Updates | Peugeot UK site (or other for your country, the data source is the same) could give you wrong information about the last version, it's a know issue. There might be a newer version - there are many RCC subversions nowadays, each with its own firmware version, that I lost track... That version seems to be the one you could find at https://majestic-web.mpsa.com/nas/eu/mjb00/RCC_EU/rcc-firmware/PSA_rcc-firmware_1_076_16-1B116-4_RCC_EU_W2.tar

2) There's 2 main infotainment systems in 3008/5008 II cars - NAC and RCC. Both have similar menus/options, but the later doesn't have integrated satnav. The "SWL" folder is only inside the .tar file with the firmware for the NAC system. You have the RCC (Wave 2) system, so you can only update if the .tar filename starts with "PSA_rcc-firmware_1_*".

·
Registered
691 Posts
About the unit crashing, do you have the latest iPhone iOS version?

It seems either the 13.x iOS version or the MyPeugeot App has a problem.
The MyPeugeot App works fine with older versions of iOS, but with the latest 13.x it just restarts the RCC infotainment system. You might want to uninstall the MyPeugeot App before a new iOS version is available (beta versions seems to correct this).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replies @rui.saraiva !
1. Yeah I and 90% of iPhone users have already updated to iOS13. Do you think a uninstall of the myPeugeot app, and then reinstall of the app will solve this?

2. I am not 100% sure I understood your first post. Are you saying that 1_076 is likely the latest version? If you are uncertain, is there a way for me to find the latest version of the RCC firmware?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just uninstall the MyPeugeot App without installing it again. Hopefully either the App or iOS will correct the problem. The data will be transferred the next time you connect the App.

That's the last version I'm aware, but I am not sure - I don't have that system and there are many submodels with different firmware versions. Use the 1st link in the 2nd post and input your VIN.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@rui.saraiva and @Atrus
Thanks a lot. Your questions and answers opened up my mind!
I curentlly have the rcc fir 1 _076_16-1B116-4 installed in a 3008 of 2017
and in the app still shows that I must upgrade!!!
Anyway the question is this:is it possible for our cars to use the NAC info system?
Is it the hardware issue that we cant have the navi thing or the problem is only the software?
Anyone have a car without navi tried to install NAC info system?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just uninstall the MyPeugeot App without installing it again. Hopefully either the App or iOS will correct the problem. The data will be transferred the next time you connect the App.

That's the last version I'm aware, but I am not sure - I don't have that system and there are many submodels with different firmware versions. Use the 1st link in the 2nd post and input your VIN.
Thanks. I just had to try it for myself, and actuallt it is a tad bit more intricate. After backing up the data, and deleting the app, it will start to work again. But you can actually install the app again. The one big difference is that I have not connected "Peugeot Connect" again in the app (which the app wants me to do). I assume that the issue will resurface if I reconnect that feature. Thanks a bunch Rui!

@rui.saraiva and @Atrus
Thanks a lot. Your questions and answers opened up my mind!
I curentlly have the rcc fir 1 _076_16-1B116-4 installed in a 3008 of 2017
and in the app still shows that I must upgrade!!!
Anyway the question is this:is it possible for our cars to use the NAC info system?
Is it the hardware issue that we cant have the navi thing or the problem is only the software?
Anyone have a car without navi tried to install NAC info system?
I have tried with the SWL folder instead of the RCC folder, and the RCC infotainment system will not recognize the USB stick as anything else than a media stick. So I would say that it will not work at all no.

·
Registered
691 Posts
No, you can't use the NAC's firmware in the RCC system (and vice-versa). They have different hardware, different manufacturers (Continental and Bosch) and the system checks if you're trying to use the correct firmware.
There's also many revisions of the same system. For instance, the 3008/5008 II can use one of the NAC Wave 2, RCC Wave 2 or RCC Wave 3, each with a different firmware. So if you have a RCC Wave 2 system, you can't use the RCC Wave 3 firmware. Newer Peugeot models (508 II, 208 II and 2008 II) are now using Wave 4 systems, with different firmware and maps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is a disel eat6 1.6 with RCC wave 2 from 2017 /09
but unfortunatelly I cant connect carplay to have at least navi from the phone!!
Dealer told me that carplay is not an option in his car.I have my doubts about this.
Atrus said that he managed to navi through carplay and I wonder becouse of using the
same firmware if it is possible

·
Registered
691 Posts
As I wrote, there are many version and subversions of the same infotainment system. The RCC Wave 2 have two main subversions, the A1 and A2. A1 doesn't have the GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) socket and does NOT support Google Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. Only A2 have that socket (but it doesn't have navigation/cartography/maps software, it only knows the latitude and longitude) and AA/CP support. It's not only about the firmware, the hardware is also different.

So you need to have a RCC Wave 2 A2 system (that has, at least, 2 other subversions - with and without DAB support) to have AA.

Check the firmware version (only valid for RCC Wave 2):
07xA: RCC Wave 2 A1
07xC: RCC Wave 2 A2 (without DAB)
07xD: RCC Wave 2 A2 (with DAB)

You need the "C" or "D" versions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts