Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I got my Mum into a 1007.

Semi auto, so no more crunching gears or driving up the road at 35mph in second, as the Chevy Matiz would do it! Sliding doors, ease of getting in and etc etc

All in all a good buy, and quirky with it.

So pot holes! We've all seen them etc etc, only my Mum drives down them.

Go to order a new wheel, as pictured below, and Peugeot don't have any more left. Peugeot France don't have any either! This info was from a local independent garage, that she uses often. So not out to have her over (I believe) Peugeot reaction was she'll have to buy four new wheels!!!!!

I have sourced two from a well know auction site now, as she has been waiting two weeks to be told this, they are being delivered next week.

Can anyone 'in the know', confirm this at all?

J

·
0 Posts
Just looked in Servicebox, and under the accessories, that alloy pictured there isn't listed... a couple of other designs, but not that one.

·
5,067 Posts
they seem to be a common one on the 1007. just googled 1007 alloy wheels and theres loads of pics

C

·
0 Posts
Under European law they have to provide parts and spares for cars for a minimum of 10 years after manufacture of that model ceases. Take the car to a stealer and they will be able to get you one. Hell, I recently ordered so wheel centres for a 405 that's well past it's 20th Birthday, and they were there the following Monday.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
So does this10 year rule apply to styled parts - like alloys - where the function of the part can be delivered by a normal steel wheel.

S

·
0 Posts
I would imagine not as its not vital to the functionality of the car whereas a fuel pump etc would be

I think in the case of wheels they'd probably be obliged to just offer a suitable alternative!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts