Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was annoyed last week to find out that they'd stopped producing the GT-Line 1.2 auto so went back to the dealer today resigned that I will have to order an Allure, only to be told that Peugeot have now stopped production of the 1.2 auto on ALL models.
A real shame as I drove a demo car and was very impressed.

Even the salesman agreed it was a strange thing for Peugeot to do as it a very popular engine/gearbox.

I don't want a 1.6 or diesel so guess I will be buying a Seat Ateca!

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Peugeot really are making a dogs dinner of these 3008s

I see no logical reason to stop making the auto versions unless they have fell out with the gearbox suppliers :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I was told by my dealer that they are not allowed to order more 1.2 until January 2018. I find it a bit strange, but I guess it's about supplies. So they are coming back if you can wait ?

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
My dealer also mentioned the 1.2 auto configuration will be back for Jan next year.

It's all about Peugeot narrowing the options so they can supply quicker...apparently.

I guess if orders drop hugely due the 1.2 auto being dropped, they'll soon reinstate it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
My dealer also mentioned the 1.2 auto configuration will be back for Jan next year.

It's all about Peugeot narrowing the options so they can supply quicker...apparently.

I guess if orders drop hugely due the 1.2 auto being dropped, they'll soon reinstate it!
I suspect they weren't prepared, only this time it was for the popularity of the 1.2 auto which has possibly created stockpiles of other engines!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
We were never going to get the 1.2 so, in order to meet our Australasian RHD demand, it might mean ramping up the predominantly required 1.6 at the expense of the 1.2.
Maybe you should blame us because the release date has been brought forward.
:thumb:.......(sorry)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I suspect they weren't prepared, only this time it was for the popularity of the 1.2 auto which has possibly created stockpiles of other engines!
Then again, you can still get the 1.2 manual and the 1.6 with the same gearbox! :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
1.2 Auto

Ordered Allure 1.2 Auto 10/6/17, dealer didn't mention anything about auto not been available, looks like I have a long wait for delivery.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It won't be long before the MY18 update news leaks out, I guess.
The 8 speed must surely be included.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I was annoyed last week to find out that they'd stopped producing the GT-Line 1.2 auto so went back to the dealer today resigned that I will have to order an Allure, only to be told that Peugeot have now stopped production of the 1.2 auto on ALL models.
A real shame as I drove a demo car and was very impressed.

Even the salesman agreed it was a strange thing for Peugeot to do as it a very popular engine/gearbox.

I don't want a 1.6 or diesel so guess I will be buying a Seat Ateca!
Blimey, I was lucky to get my Allure 1.2 auto, then. I noticed on the configurator that the 1.2 auto was no longer available for the GT line, didn't realise it had been extended to the Allure and Active. It was certainly the best choice of engine/gearbox for me. Funnily enough, I was going to buy an Ateca until I test drove an Allure 1.2 auto.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm not sure if economy is any better than my 1.6 Cit which on first fill gave us 19.5km/L ~55mpg.
I suspect the 1.6 isn't as affected by the weight compared to a 1.2

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm not sure if economy is any better than my 1.6 Cit which on first fill gave us 19.5km/L ~55mpg.
I suspect the 1.6 isn't as affected by the weight compared to a 1.2
It depends on the loads. If you ease on the throttle, then the 1,2 have better fuel economy. But a bigger (and heavier) 1,6 will be close to equal to the 1,2 if you travel a lot on highways or towing heavy things, because you don't have to push the more powerful engine as hard as the smaller engine.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It depends on the loads. If you ease on the throttle, then the 1,2 have better fuel economy. But a bigger (and heavier) 1,6 will be close to equal to the 1,2 if you travel a lot on highways or towing heavy things, because you don't have to push the more powerful engine as hard as the smaller engine.
Getting it back up to speed constantly is where it struggles and both have stop/start so reduced idling consumption doesn't benefit the 1.2.
It's lighter though and that's probably going to be a greater benefit in a smaller car.
I'd love to see the technology of it applied to the 1.6 in a clean sheet design.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi guys
New to this forum, I was annoyed to hear that no more 1.2 auto issue.
Anyone has idea for the reason behind that?
I am living in Turkey and just purchased a 1.2 eat6 active trim level auto, a huge discount for that trim level in Turkey currently.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd love to see the technology of it applied to the 1.6 in a clean sheet design.
My guess is that the next generation of the current 1,6 is a 1,5 or 1,4 with the same amount of power and torque as the 1,6. That's one of the reasons I like (German) Ford. The engine know-how Ford have in UK is so good!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I found this Peugeot statement, presumably quoted correctly.

15-5-2017: Report that production of the Peugeot 3008 1.2 Puretech 130 GT Line with EAT6 automatic transmission has been stopped.

Peugeot explained: "Due to the customer orders of the All-New 3008 SUV surpassing our expectations, we have prioritised production of the PureTech 130 EAT6 for the Allure trim level, the most popular trim level for this engine/gearbox combination. For the GT Line trim level, the PureTech 130 EAT6 is temporarily unavailable. However customers can benefit from the THP 165 EAT6, which offers more performance to go hand in hand with the enhanced sports styling."

IT Tone

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yes, it also means Peugeot can benefit from the increased invoice price of the 165. Damn silly stopping the 1.2 GT Line, and likely to lose them a lot of customers, even if it is only a temporary measure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts