Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to replace a tyre because I got a screw in mine and it was fubar.

anyway, realised the car doesn’t have locking wheel nuts. Is that right? Can someone else check theres please.

thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW - Peugeot locking wheel bolts are the first thing a smart Peugeot owner removes from there own vehicle.
Ah, OK, thanks.

What would you recommend? Leaving the standard bolts on there? Or buying locking wheel nuts separately?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
McGard locking bolts are decent enough quality if you want to fit locking bolts.

The issue with Peugeot locking bolts is the key - ham fisted lazy mechanics & tyre fitters using impact guns break the pins out of the removal key which then makes removing the locking bolts more difficult.

If you use a breaker bar to crack off the Peugeot locking bolts & correctly torque them up there fine - unfortunately there are far to many lazy idiots out there that love there impact guns & have never heard of a torque wrench.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Locking wheel bolts have been discussed here many times, don't bother with them. They are the biggest cause of grief and time wasting in the motor trade. Low life don't bother stealing wheels any more, particularly simple Peugeot ones.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Locking wheel bolts have been discussed here many times, don't bother with them. They are the biggest cause of grief and time wasting in the motor trade. Low life don't bother stealing wheels any more, particularly simple Peugeot ones.
Thanks, that's what the dealer said. Just wanted to check I wasn't being fobbed off TBH.

👍🏻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts