Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone help me with this. The offside headlight and main beam are not working. Checked the fuses and they are OK, I tested the fuse and there is no voltage on either of the pins in the fusebox. I can hear a relay switching, and the lights on the nearside work fine. Its a 52 Plate

·
Registered
184 Posts
sk1chris said:
Can anyone help me with this. The offside headlight and main beam are not working. Checked the fuses and they are OK, I tested the fuse and there is no voltage on either of the pins in the fusebox. I can hear a relay switching, and the lights on the nearside work fine. Its a 52 Plate
On just one side?
Umm, without sounding too blatently obvious... the bulb

I understand that you're saying its 2 bulbs rather than 1 in that case and can see how you'd think it weird. But you just may not have noticed the main beam was gone as you don't use it as often.

And if the bulb had gone, would it measure any voltage at the fuse? I'm not sure that it would

·
Registered
41 Posts
sk1chris said:
TWO lamps in the one unit not working? Sounds like an earthing problem to the cluster is suspect. Does a 206 have seperate bulbs for dip & main beam:nono: :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
sk1chris said:
There is no voltage getting to the bulbs Has anyone got a circuit diagram?
Looking at Autodata earlier on, it is possible that the multifunctional control module is giving trouble, and it sounds similar to a mk2 406 where there is a problem with the multi function module controlling the wipers / indicators / headlamps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I managed to get a circuit diagram. The headlights have seperate earths, I tried to find them, coudnt see them, Anyone got a picture of an engine bay and able to point them out for me?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
41 Posts
sk1chris said:
I managed to get a circuit diagram. The headlights have seperate earths, I tried to find them, coudnt see them, Anyone got a picture of an engine bay and able to point them out for me?

Cheers

Chris
Looking at Autodatas wiring diagram it looks like all the earths in the headlamp cluster go to one, So if i were you I'd be checking the multi plug into the cluster for continuity to earth first, and take it from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts