Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 1.9D Expert (non turbo)

Hi All,
I've suddenly had the problem with my expert as of this evening, fine yesterday.

When going to start it there is no glow plug heater light, and when cranked it failed to start. I managed to get it going with some easy start (I know its not a good idea to use it) but once running it sounded incredibly rough. The water temp gauge also didn’t move.

I changed the oil filter a couple of days ago so its possible a wire has slowly come loose over the last few days but seems unlikely. I've had a quick look around that area to no avail, I've checked all the fuses too, although in the owners book it doesn’t mention one for the glow plugs.

Is there a specific relay? I’ve read there’s an earth strap? Where are these located?

There’s no ECU light on.

Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
atreyu said:
2004 1.9D Expert (non turbo)

Hi All,
I've suddenly had the problem with my expert as of this evening, fine yesterday.

When going to start it there is no glow plug heater light, and when cranked it failed to start. I managed to get it going with some easy start (I know its not a good idea to use it) but once running it sounded incredibly rough. The water temp gauge also didn’t move.

I changed the oil filter a couple of days ago so its possible a wire has slowly come loose over the last few days but seems unlikely. I've had a quick look around that area to no avail, I've checked all the fuses too, although in the owners book it doesn’t mention one for the glow plugs.

Is there a specific relay? I’ve read there’s an earth strap? Where are these located?

There’s no ECU light on.

Thanks

top let is the in engine is the glow plug module. and bottom in the ecu compartment is theglow plug timer relay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts