Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Until yesterday I was an alfa man through and through however I have just bought a 2006 307 SW 1.6HDi (110). Very impressed so far!! A couple of questions for you bright folk:

I have searched the forums but there is no definitive answer out there, as the title suggests there are no lights illuminating in the central instrument cluster for the glow plug, battery or oil pressure light. I have heard the glow plugs light may not always come on?? The battery and oil press light definitely should be on I'm sure. Are these 3 lights linked - maybe a relay?

Also would you suggest that a code reader is a decent investment...I have seen some on ebay for £20??

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Lastly, all else is good except a slight "whine" to the engine - presume it is the turbo, don't know if it supposed to make the noise at all?

Best regards,
MuzN

J

·
0 Posts
If you're going to buy a code reader for the Pug, don't bother with the £20 ones off ebay... you might aswell spend the extra and buy the full Peugeot Planet software and have access to everything :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Does the 307 definitely have a light for battery and oil pressure? My 407 doesn't have these lights, only warnings come up on the MFD if there is a fault. My glow plug light will flash on momentarily when switching on ignition, but doesn't stay on for more than a second.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bottom line of my instrument cluster (between speed and rev counter) has the symbols for the glow plugs, the battery and the oil pressure. These 3 symbols are not illuminating at all, the battery and oil press light should definitely be on (red) until the engine starts and then should go out. I was wondering if all of these lights are linked by one relay? I would have thought this is the same on a 407?

J

·
0 Posts
The bottom line of my instrument cluster (between speed and rev counter) has the symbols for the glow plugs, the battery and the oil pressure. These 3 symbols are not illuminating at all, the battery and oil press light should definitely be on (red) until the engine starts and then should go out. I was wondering if all of these lights are linked by one relay? I would have thought this is the same on a 407?
307 obviously quite a bit different to the 407 then.... no lights on my 407 for battery or oil pressure, just the display in the centre which will show any alert/error on starting :nod:

407 looks like http://www.flickr.com/photos/renniemarquette/4222841157/ - the display in the centre there will show up any warnings

·
Registered
38 Posts
If I understand the handbook right, the amber triangle (along with a message on main display) replaces the battery light.
Glow plugs rarely come on, though they will when the temp gets to -5c or so.
Perhaps the oil pressure light has also been made redundant by amber triangle and a message too.
It seems to be a generic warning light (followed by a specific message on the display).

J

·
0 Posts
Looking in the handbook, there is a * next to these two symbols, and indicates "according to country". Wonder if they are standard on UK cars then? Anyone else care to confirm if theirs do light up?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi I have got 2002 Rapier 307 1.6 petrol. But it is the same, I haven't got those lights when I turn my ignition on. When I turn it on these are the lights coming on (Battery, Engine Management Light, Hand Break, Seat Belt, ABS light will on on only 2 seconds and Engine Management will be off after I have switched on the engine after 2 seconds as well.

I thought this was normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a few differences then!!

407 completely different to a 307.

BettySwollocks - your 307 instrument cluster layout is completely different to my 307 - maybe the year? mines a 2006 1.6 hdi (110).

Although I have battery, oil pressure and glow plug symbols there (all on the bottom row) - none of them light up at all.

Torero - you have a battery light showing but no oil pressure light?

I'm pretty sure if there was an oil pressure problem then the "STOP" light would illuminate anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi MUzN, i just purchased the same model and have noticed the same problem??? no dash light for these three plus ESP on ignition turn on. did you get to the bottom of this.

D

·
0 Posts
They don't work like you think. Theres no battery light until there a problem. Its to do with the low current.ign switch that theres no battery light. Glow plug light not coming on doesn't mean they are not on. If the car drives ok then its all ok.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks David. the owner handbook is very contradictive as it states that all these should light up for a few seconds on first turn of the ignition to show they are functioning.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
You will very rarely see the glow plug light, even in the middle of the coldest winter in my 207 it only came on for a second or two!

·
11,873 Posts
You should always get battery and handbrake light on when ignition is turned on. STOP, ABS, airbag, oil, glowplug lights should also come on then go off.

Like you rightly say its a basic visual check to show the warning lights are working, and to warn you the ignition is on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gibbo this very strange if everyone's dash lights are acting differently. i thought that these (ESP, Glowplug, Oil Press & Battery charge) should all light up for a few seconds on 1st turn of ignition as the handbook says, to show they are functioning like the rest (ABS, airbag, handbrake etc). Need to get these checked out in case there was a problem and not getting any warnings.

D

·
0 Posts
Your car is a full CAN car and does not have an accessory position on the ignition. The owners manual is a load of crap as its generic to every spec car in the lineup.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts