Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting ready to service my 56 307s 1.6 twink, and in Haynes it says "fuel filter only fitted to vehicles in countries where inferior fuel is available" then says its on the right in front of fuel tank, so had a look and not one there, must be the only car I know with fuel injection and no filter, plus why have they made the simple task of changing the air filter difficult, :nono:

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Petrol or diesel.

Only petrol engined fuel filters I've ever had were ones I fitted myself. Never had a diesel without a fuel filter. If it is a diesel then the filter will probably be between the engine and the battery above the gearbox

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel filter

Petrol or diesel.

Only petrol engined fuel filters I've ever had were ones I fitted myself. Never had a diesel without a fuel filter. If it is a diesel then the filter will probably be between the engine and the battery above the gearbox
petrol:thumb: every petrol injection engine I have ever had has had a fuel filter

·
5,618 Posts
Main reason is also use of plastic fuel tanks on cars so no rust as tank ages to get in fuel unlike the old days

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no fuel filter

Main reason is also use of plastic fuel tanks on cars so no rust as tank ages to get in fuel unlike the old days
now that sounds logical, remember removing more than 1 metal fuel tank to get rid of rust and paint, cheers for that :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts